Wighnomy Brothers quit DJing

- open
pauliz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pauliz »

mmmm what to say, its understandable..

anyway, one of best live performances ever!
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

1st of all - they've never been expensive and therefore reachable for the smaller promotors.

Last time I played with them (June) was in fact Monkey MAffias set, with Gabor smashing 3 or 4 records during the 4 hours set.

Gabor is seriously depressed and we have to respect his decision. Believe me - this guy loves music and he wouldn't quit if not having reasons for it. He told me he enjoys nature much more than the music and travelling to gigs is a bit too much for him. He was hoping that the Fusion Gig - one of his favourite and most special places- would give him the energy again, but ... it didn't.

As for FAT - Soren overtakes the controls for now, so the whole Jena kingdom belongs to Soren right now. As one of the FAT artists said past weekend - the whole label will benefit of it.

Let's simply hope Gabor comes back - as he is one of the most innovative and special artists of our time (imo of course) .
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

bshosa wrote:1st of all - they've never been expensive and therefore reachable for the smaller promotors.
one seat on a plane is cheaper than two ;)
damnwords
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by damnwords »

yeah, they would both fit in one seat :lol:

@bshosa : thanks for the info

good luck to them
marteaux
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by marteaux »

OoOoo...
well, they did a lot.
now we can see who was the good one ... (or maybe its like lennon-mccartney, both great. )

bye
juanm2t
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by juanm2t »

sad...i like the oldies
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

Wow, glad I got to see them when they came through San Francisco a few months ago... Was a good night, packed house, too. They did it up quite nicely old school, just a bunch of vinyl.

This is speculation, and I really don't know if this has anything to do with this... but I can't help thinking back to when I crawled up close to the DJ booth around 5 am just to watch the two of them a bit better. The whole place was going off, but I was a bit tired at that point and kind of in my own head space. Anyways, I watched the two of them get into a big fight - no idea what they were saying - but one of them was yelling at the other and they were going back and forth for a while...they were really going at it. Then one left the booth and went out somewhere to cool off while the other played. Even when the other came back, they didn't really talk and seemed to go out of their way not to deal with each other. The music was of course going and everyone was out of their minds; I remembered wondering if anyone had even noticed besides me.

Most friends fight now and then, and I don't mean to suggest that just because of this one issue they would dissolve their partnership... but perhaps it was a sign of some greater ongoing differences between the two that were just pushing them in different directions as people and artists, even if they still respect each other in the end... who knows...

Glad I went to see them.
daniellesniewski
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by daniellesniewski »

massive shame, one of my most memorable nights involved going to see them........

....dont remember much of the night tho, just remember it being awesome