damn, why is loving music so expensive?

- open
regler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

damn, why is loving music so expensive?

Post by regler »

I love music, so I have to buy records. And yeah, that is really expensive.

I love music so I have to produce it, therefore I need equipment/software, which is expensive.

I don't make money out of it so it's a big leakage.

Sometimes I wish I would love drawing instead, it's so inexpensive and you could express yourself too.

damn, what to do?
dav.id
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dav.id »

my advice if you don't want to be tortured : do a lucrative job and have some fun with that fcking money!
tabula rasa
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

unfortunately at some point in our past, we put a monetary value on music. Throughout history it was communal, especially looking back to our more tribal times.

Fortunately the music industry is suffering, music as a commodity is a thing the past as we move toward a new music industry design.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

livecollective wrote:unfortunately at some point in our past, we put a monetary value on music. Throughout history it was communal, especially looking back to our more tribal times.

Fortunately the music industry is suffering, music as a commodity is a thing the past as we move toward a new music industry design.
I like this thought. Your projection sounds very plausible too, at least deep down inside me I hope it will turn out so as you are saying.
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

stop complaining, its worth every penny. if you define it as a "leakage" i guess your love isnt that big anyway :)
oblak_21
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by oblak_21 »

get a job..simple as that..
regler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by regler »

thomasjaldemark wrote:stop complaining, its worth every penny. if you define it as a "leakage" i guess your love isnt that big anyway :)
uhh, that hurts. ;) But I guess you're right, I should stop complaining.
my advice if you don't want to be tortured : do a lucrative job and have some fun with that fcking money!
Yep, I think that's the way to got. My problem, I have some years university left, so I can't do too much at the moment - besides stop complaining.
I agree the situation is hopeless at the moment. But what is the answer? Free music? I think it's pretty odd, the only people I know who buy music are music addicted people (dj, producers, and only some lovers), so the money "kind of" is in a circle.
JEZMONDO
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by JEZMONDO »

I think making music isn't expensive. We could all take up the Kazoo. However, if you guys are like me you kid yourself that if you just get the latest equipment your music will be so much better and when it isn't it must be because its down to not having another piece of gear.
The talk of analogue being so much better than digital is just another way of justifying having spent £1500 on a new analogue board when we all really know that it doesnt make that much sonic difference, we just like playing with a new bit of kit :)
I have known some really talented and successful musicians in my time and many of them could make really cool sounds with an absolute minimum of gear.
Having said all this I am debating whether to get that DSI poly evolver 'cause I just need that band pass, chord sound that I know I can get out of it especially when I have a new analogue delay pedal to put it through....