damn, why is loving music so expensive?

- open
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

damn, why is loving music so expensive?
because falling in love & getting married is 200 x's more expensive..lol

enjoy spending money : at your leisure....

as with life everything is a process.. you will appreciate things more and do more with what you have... by not having everything at the exact moment you want things..

it also teaches you to be more creative and dig deeper with what you do have at that moment.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i don't mind spending all my money on music 8)
revy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by revy »

netlabels are free ;)
hernangrau
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by hernangrau »

revy wrote:netlabels are free ;)

it's all about giving something. As an artist, as a label, as a netlabel.
Also you can pay you musik tastes, by doing the first 2.

btw, i haven't forgot. Tonight you'll have what i promise, are we on time?
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

Music is not an expensive art.

And I think that music with no money value is not something good either.
I mean, building a collection is so exciting... If everyone could grab what he wants, there would be no "magic".

That"s why when I download a free release, it takes time to really get into it, because I've had a piece of art just by clicling on a mouse. Not a funny game.

The lack of money forces you to strictly choose and buy what you really like, the music that deeply touches your heart. This constraint finally developps your taste and personnality.

Ying/yang, good things/bad things about money. A world of free sharing is the worst thing that could happen to music, IMO.

And, about equipments to make music, come on, it is not so expensive. You can get a virtual studio with 2 000 euros, and 2000 euros to create music, the thing that makes your heart beat, it is nothing.

It reminds me some friends who download illegaly, saying that music is too expensive, and spending their money every weekend for alcohol :roll:

It's the irony of it all.
regler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by regler »

(disclaimer, I mean what I say, but don't get me too serious ;) )
I mean, building a collection is so exciting... If everyone could grab what he wants, there would be no "magic".
I can understand that one can like collecting things, but I'm a total anti collection person. Collection vinyl (I buy them though) is the same temptation as collecting stamps (disclaimer**) I just don't feel anything positive when it comes to collector's value or something like this. I don't like it when collecting is counted as a skill, it's not. Getting a copy before it's out of stock isn't a skill too. It's an "artificial need" (I don't know if this word exists)

That"s why when I download a free release, it takes time to really get into it, because I've had a piece of art just by clicling on a mouse. Not a funny game.
No problem with this, if I like the music I like it no matter of if it's free or not.. I really love some net label stuff, I'm only disappointed when the music really astonishing, but it's only a 192k mp3 (I hate mp3, it's more an ideological thing, but I hate them :-))
The lack of money forces you to strictly choose and buy what you really like, the music that deeply touches your heart. This constraint finally developps your taste and personnality.
good point, I agree. ;)
It reminds me some friends who download illegaly, saying that music is too expensive, and spending their money every weekend for alcohol Rolling Eyes
yep, I know enough of them myself... and that's why I would vote for a world full of DRM sometimes, even though I'm against DRM in general . 8)

Maybe this circumstance is a part for my "whining". I spend most of my money for software/music/gear, and so many people I know just download what they like and are even not offended by bad sounding mp3s. They have fun with it.
rationalism
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by rationalism »

Don't worry mate! I live in a country were all the equipments and vinyls and everything is 3.80 time more expensive because of our money is devaluated so there you have here is harder!!! to buy an Axiom the less expensive like 400 usd for me is $1200 sick but one have to live with what he have!

Cheers
RATIONALISM RECORDS /// www.rationalismrecords.com /// PLEASUREX.CLUB /// https://pleasurex.club/

MYHOUSE YOURHOUSE /// soundcloud.com/mhyh-records /// ZARDOS /// https://zardos.bandcamp.com
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

one of my arguments from a DJ perspective against the idea of saving (especially for vinyl purchases) to buy only those special tracks you truely love from start to finish is that, although I understand this thought process, doesnt that just make you only a music collector and not also a DJ/Artist?

I mean it could just be the fact that you like a certain mood in a track and although you are aware that as a piece of 'music' to listen to from start to finish it may be a bit rough around the edges or not finished, it's your job as a DJ to express to that mood that you feel with the track. And this also may be a mood just to add to an overall complete mood which takes about 4 tracks to achieve in a set...

So in my response, if your buying music not just as a collector but as a DJ, then yes it's very expensive, but your just gonna have to deal with it i'm afraid.