:shock:
future_jack
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by future_jack »

miniKAT wrote:Image

:shock:

**** removed.
Last edited by future_jack on Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

what?
future_jack
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by future_jack »

JonasEdenbrandt wrote:Derrick May and Jeff Mills have both been very influetial on the whole american thing with fast mixing and hard pue techno trax. Try googling for the wizard (jeff mills) sets. I found a page with some of these. It's very early radio mixes from him but they give you a good feeling of were techno is comming from. Also i would give Richie Hawtins "decks efx and 909" mix to see were the fast kind of mixing went later on.

I'm not sure really who best defines the slower and more "let the track talk for itself" berlin style but i guess alot of Ostgut Ton DJs do this so check out any of the Berghain mixes.

Also have a listen to any Larry Levan or Walter Gibbons mix you can find these disco mixes have influenced everybody that ever wanted to DJ and also alot of modern housier disco DJs sound a bit like these guys.
Cool. Cheers for this. This is the sort of info I'm after.

I'm a little reluctant about the Mills stuff now as I think my preference is more the "Let the track talk for itself". Still I'll give it a go.
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

seriously though i wouldnt expect too much out of jeff mills anymore, buy his CD Live at the Liquidroom.

also IMO , as a New Yorker, check out Frankie Bones' Computer Controlled, great album.
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

future_jack wrote:
JonasEdenbrandt wrote:Derrick May and Jeff Mills have both been very influetial on the whole american thing with fast mixing and hard pue techno trax. Try googling for the wizard (jeff mills) sets. I found a page with some of these. It's very early radio mixes from him but they give you a good feeling of were techno is comming from. Also i would give Richie Hawtins "decks efx and 909" mix to see were the fast kind of mixing went later on.

I'm not sure really who best defines the slower and more "let the track talk for itself" berlin style but i guess alot of Ostgut Ton DJs do this so check out any of the Berghain mixes.

Also have a listen to any Larry Levan or Walter Gibbons mix you can find these disco mixes have influenced everybody that ever wanted to DJ and also alot of modern housier disco DJs sound a bit like these guys.

I'm a little reluctant about the Mills stuff now as I think my preference is more the "Let the track talk for itself". Still I'll give it a go.
Then maybe the question is "who's the most influential producer"

The answer prob. still being mills, but hey evrybody has their own views so u know...
future_jack
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by future_jack »

miniKAT wrote:
future_jack wrote:

The answer prob. still being mills, but hey evrybody has their own views so u know...
Well I'm actually interested in both questions and diverged there without realizing. I'll keep this to dj'ing.

I'm interested in new way's people have shuffled up the tracks or diferent way's they have worked on building up moods.
future_jack
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by future_jack »

miniKAT wrote:
future_jack wrote:

I'm not sure if this is true you know - that being that everybody can have their own opinion about this.

Can innovation not be identified and specified as fact such as there is no room for opinion? Can we not look at music made further down the line that has used either the finished result sound in a different way or has applied that technique but in a completely different way to create something that sounds completely different? Can we not say for fact then that this is influence?

Or are the leaps that people make often so disconnected from the original influence that we no longer link them together?