VILLALOBOS - The movie (my review)

- open
alexdeamonds
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by alexdeamonds »

okay so, I havent ever seen Ricardo live and I have only had the oppertunity of purchasing a few of his records, could someone point me to a good mix by himself, like an essential mix? Thanks in advance!
sundays sub.fm 11am-1pm
www.itsalllabout.com
alexdeamonds@itsalllabout.com
send your tracks through init.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

minimal house wrote:I really wish this guy quit being such a prick and do a few shows in the U.S..

I mean, holy sh!t, M. HERBERT came across the pond for crying out loud!
maybe he doesn't like the fact that non-US citizens have to go through completely crazy checks to get into the US. And if you go there to play music (aka work) then it's even more rigorous. You have to fill in tons of paperwork that ask you way too much details about your private life. I think that's also why Laurent Garnier doesn't play in the US (or didn't for a while at least). Personally, I don't care much and I see the checks as just an annoying thing, but I know lots of business people that also don't go to the US for those reasons. So i think some dj's will just react the same.

After all, why would he care, he can play at superb events everywhere in the world any time of the week. And for once, he's even worth all the hype :)

How will one be able to see this movie btw, is it only shown at certain special viewing or will it be made available on dvd or...?
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

clubfoot wrote: Why not in Vienna? Is there just no scene and support out there? I visited recently - you can literally smell the money.
hehe yeah, much money here but not in the right hands !

there is of course a scene, but not big enough to afford a dj like ricardo.
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

Themis wrote:
clubfoot wrote: Why not in Vienna? Is there just no scene and support out there? I visited recently - you can literally smell the money.
hehe yeah, much money here but not in the right hands !

there is of course a scene, but not big enough to afford a dj like ricardo.
I was quite surprised when I went to Vienna - didn't seem like there was much happening techno-wise. Although we weren't really there for clubbing. But I'm sure Austria used to have a bit of a reputation for techno, no? I find it a bit dull for music here in Prague, people have little time for mnml/techno. Only the kind of glossy, trancey stuff. People are mainly interested in commercially successful acts.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

there is exactly so much happening as someone would expect for a small country like austria.

here and there sven väth and tiesto events are happening :D

if there was any reputation, its gone a long time ..
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

release day for the movie in dvd?

tasos
JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JackNine »

minimal house wrote:I really wish this guy quit being such a prick and do a few shows in the U.S..

I mean, holy sh!t, M. HERBERT came across the pond for crying out loud!
I heard he wasn't showing up on U.S. soil for political reasons and because of George Bush's policies. Well that cannot be the source anymore, as you all know we have the most liberal President of recent times in office right now, and he has been in place for almost a year. Surely Ricardo must know there are a lot of people here who would love to see him play.

I think the promoters and "scene" here are just as much to blame as Ricardo, though. I'm sure if he got the call, the price was right, and the venue solid, he would show up.

Ricardo @ SmartBar in 2010 for $20-25/ticket? I'm in.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

yeah about that president, believe me the general european perception is not as positive as you might think

no way i would give my fucking fingerprints to travel there..