S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

miniKAT wrote:
S.D.L wrote:
miniKAT wrote:
nowayback wrote:the trailer director was obviously lazy
Nonsense, caught the vibe perfectly. I felt like i was there for a second, was angry and wanted to see more when it ended, so I think the director got the right idea.
True, but what's the movie about? Are we gonna see Ricardo behind the decks for 2 hours? I've already seen that. A trailer is a teaser with story information, this is none of that.
What u think its gonna be about? The drama and tragedy that is the life of Ricardo Vilallobos? Cmon man...

That one minute u saw, thats it, thats the movie, hes just gonna do his little dance and twist knobs for 2 hours (which would be alright if he's doing his thing like in the trailer). Oh, and then they'll add a big fan so his scarf will flow graciously in the wind.

He's a pretty private person from what I gather, I dont know if he's gonna let peeps get all up in his barn. He dont even really do interviews, right?

Edit: or maybe he will....
You don't ever read between the lines do you, only when it's convenient?!
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

S.D.L wrote:
miniKAT wrote:
S.D.L wrote:
miniKAT wrote:
nowayback wrote:the trailer director was obviously lazy
Nonsense, caught the vibe perfectly. I felt like i was there for a second, was angry and wanted to see more when it ended, so I think the director got the right idea.
True, but what's the movie about? Are we gonna see Ricardo behind the decks for 2 hours? I've already seen that. A trailer is a teaser with story information, this is none of that.
What u think its gonna be about? The drama and tragedy that is the life of Ricardo Vilallobos? Cmon man...

That one minute u saw, thats it, thats the movie, hes just gonna do his little dance and twist knobs for 2 hours (which would be alright if he's doing his thing like in the trailer). Oh, and then they'll add a big fan so his scarf will flow graciously in the wind.

He's a pretty private person from what I gather, I dont know if he's gonna let peeps get all up in his barn. He dont even really do interviews, right?

Edit: or maybe he will....
You don't ever read between the lines do you, only when it's convenient?!
What the hell does that mean? Sounds like something my wife would say...

Was there a deeper meaning in ur post, something on a subconscious level perhaps?
antonio_pt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by antonio_pt »

Please keep in mind this teaser/trailer isn't aimed specifically at the mnml.nl crew who are used to watching YouTube-style videos of their favourite djs playing. If I was a random person with general interest in cinema but with no knowledge of this scene, I guess my interest would be piqued after watching this trailer. Weird repetitive music, this strange sweaty guy playing vinyl records to a crowd of eager, even more sweaty people packed in a big, uneasy room. And then the enigmatic title. I bet the jury will love it :) the real question is how many of you have booked their tickets to Venice?
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

antonio_pt wrote:Please keep in mind this teaser/trailer isn't aimed specifically at the mnml.nl crew who are used to watching YouTube-style videos of their favourite djs playing. If I was a random person with general interest in cinema but with no knowledge of this scene, I guess my interest would be piqued after watching this trailer. Weird repetitive music, this strange sweaty guy playing vinyl records to a crowd of eager, even more sweaty people packed in a big, uneasy room. And then the enigmatic title. I bet the jury will love it :) the real question is how many of you have booked their tickets to Venice?
U make it sound like this guy is trying to get Joe Shmo from Idaho to go and catch "Ricardo" at the local "Cineplex"...cmon now, Its the Venice film festival, I'm sure a good deal of these people know the deal, and have felt the vibe, if u know what I mean.

...and I'm chartering a Marquis Jet as we speak. Gonna be rollin' deep. :roll:
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

i heard there is a follow up documentary with Omar-S called 'Willalobo or whatever his name is'
uritotti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by uritotti »

:lol:
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

minimal house wrote:i heard there is a follow up documentary with Omar-S called 'Willalobo or whatever his name is'
this is an educational movie made for Omar S. don't know who willalobo is? Then watch the movie.
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

miniKAT wrote:
antonio_pt wrote:Please keep in mind this teaser/trailer isn't aimed specifically at the mnml.nl crew who are used to watching YouTube-style videos of their favourite djs playing. If I was a random person with general interest in cinema but with no knowledge of this scene, I guess my interest would be piqued after watching this trailer. Weird repetitive music, this strange sweaty guy playing vinyl records to a crowd of eager, even more sweaty people packed in a big, uneasy room. And then the enigmatic title. I bet the jury will love it :) the real question is how many of you have booked their tickets to Venice?
U make it sound like this guy is trying to get Joe Shmo from Idaho to go and catch "Ricardo" at the local "Cineplex"...cmon now, Its the Venice film festival, I'm sure a good deal of these people know the deal, and have felt the vibe, if u know what I mean.

...and I'm chartering a Marquis Jet as we speak. Gonna be rollin' deep. :roll:
Ok, stupid question, but these of documentaries, are they also for sale after some time? Don't know that much of how the alternative documentary world works...