Movie about Ricardo?

- open
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Lets see what Ricardo has to say. It will be nice to see his hectic life on film for a change.

off topic: I made a bet this discussion would turn sour b4 the end of page 1. Guess I won. Bring the hate!
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

mlexicon wrote:antonio banderas as ricardo
Guest starring Macaulay Culkin as Richie Hawtin :lol:

Seriously though, looking forward to this. Especially interested in seeing his studio set up and nice footage from gigs around the world (Not Youtube).
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

miniKAT wrote:
nowayback wrote:the trailer director was obviously lazy
Nonsense, caught the vibe perfectly. I felt like i was there for a second, was angry and wanted to see more when it ended, so I think the director got the right idea.
True, but what's the movie about? Are we gonna see Ricardo behind the decks for 2 hours? I've already seen that. A trailer is a teaser with story information, this is none of that.
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

Film by Romuald Karmakar on Chilean DJ and musician Ricardo Villalobos which will have it's World Premiere at the 66th Venice International Film Festival, September 8th, 2009.
Shot with official permission at the famous Berghain Club in Berlin (Perlon Night@Panorama Bar, 05.09.2008), at the Closing Partys of Cocoon@Amnesia (29.09.2008), Monza@Privilege (02.10.2008) and SONAR 2006. The film focuses in long interviews with Villalobos on how he thinks, how he hears and how he produces his music.
After the films 196 BPM (2003) and BETWEEN THE DEVILA AND THE WIDE BLUE SEA (2005), Karmakar's VILLALOBOS is the last part of a Trilogy about electronic music and club culture in the first decade of this century.
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

Del wrote:
Film by Romuald Karmakar on Chilean DJ and musician Ricardo Villalobos which will have it's World Premiere at the 66th Venice International Film Festival, September 8th, 2009.
Shot with official permission at the famous Berghain Club in Berlin (Perlon Night@Panorama Bar, 05.09.2008), at the Closing Partys of Cocoon@Amnesia (29.09.2008), Monza@Privilege (02.10.2008) and SONAR 2006. The film focuses in long interviews with Villalobos on how he thinks, how he hears and how he produces his music.
After the films 196 BPM (2003) and BETWEEN THE DEVILA AND THE WIDE BLUE SEA (2005), Karmakar's VILLALOBOS is the last part of a Trilogy about electronic music and club culture in the first decade of this century.
a press release and a trailer are two different worlds.
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

S.D.L wrote:
miniKAT wrote:
Nonsense, caught the vibe perfectly. I felt like i was there for a second, was angry and wanted to see more when it ended, so I think the director got the right idea.
True, but what's the movie about? Are we gonna see Ricardo behind the decks for 2 hours? I've already seen that. A trailer is a teaser with story information, this is none of that.
What u think its gonna be about? The drama and tragedy that is the life of Ricardo Vilallobos? Cmon man...

That one minute u saw, thats it, thats the movie, hes just gonna do his little dance and twist knobs for 2 hours (which would be alright if he's doing his thing like in the trailer). Oh, and then they'll add a big fan so his scarf will flow graciously in the wind.

He's a pretty private person from what I gather, I dont know if he's gonna let peeps get all up in his barn. He dont even really do interviews, right?

Edit: or maybe he will....
db2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by db2 »

I would love to see a movie that tastefully portrayed the reality of the international techno scene from the perspective of a successful touring musician. I have NO idea if this is that, but it would be cool to give the culture at large an honest glimpse into this world.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

miniKAT wrote:
I have to agree with the kat. It just looks like a video made by a friend put on youtube; it doesn't give any idea or detail of what the movie about. Of course we expect a documentary, but I'm curious to know! I would call that more a teaser than a trailer :D