Plastikman Survey

- open
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

Clever way of marketing by letting people know another Plastikman project is in the horizon?

Curious of it will just be a new live-show, re-workings of old tracks, or some new productions?
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

shypht wrote:Clever way of marketing by letting people know another Plastikman project is in the horizon?

Curious of it will just be a new live-show, re-workings of old tracks, or some new productions?
if its anything like the plastikman show he did at mutek (aka the one that basically never happened), or the "plastikman tour" he did for "closer" (aka just a dj set and zero live elements), i'm not sure i'd be quick to ante up the cash.

but...ableton and his r+d department's have come a long, long way since the two aforementioned shows, so who knows...
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

Yeah, with all of the work he's done with Ableton, he could probably put together a much better live show.

Just hope he doesn't do a bunch of re-mixes with current trends of the moment. Don't need to hear a Pingpong remix with a white-noise buildup :P The Dubfire remix of Spastik was bad enough.

Be interesting if he can do new productions keeping within the spirit of Plastikman, but still pushing the sound forward and being innovative with it and not just re-hashing on his previous success.
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

so that makes Richie the first producer 2.0.
Krul
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Krul »

I'm just glad that after how many years? he's gonna release some new stuff. Here's to hopin it will be as good as musik :)

*edit*

I know it doesnt say "new plastikman album in the making" but anybody that didnt answer "unreleased music" to the question "what would you like most" is a donkey.
cloutier wrote:
minimalwyte wrote:When does Digweed come in?
he comes in around 1994 and leaves around 2002.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

Krul wrote:I'm just glad that after how many years? he's gonna release some new stuff. Here's to hopin it will be as good as musik :)

*edit*

I know it doesnt say "new plastikman album in the making" but anybody that didnt answer "unreleased music" to the question "what would you like most" is a donkey.

unreleased music ≠ new music.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

cloutier wrote:
Krul wrote:I'm just glad that after how many years? he's gonna release some new stuff. Here's to hopin it will be as good as musik :)

*edit*

unreleased music ≠ new music.
that's true... I just chose "video footage" as I found this pretty interesting
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

i chose book... and this will be an old live show imo nothiung more
its all about the rhythm