Aether = Cadenza's CUBE ?

- open
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

Del wrote:Cadenza started out so well too. Orange Mistake was (is) a classic.
all down hill after that. the only cadenza record i actually own, save for a sprinkling of a few tracks here and there digitally.

and personally? "funky donkey" was better. :-P
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

cloutier wrote:
all down hill after that. the only cadenza record i actually own, save for a sprinkling of a few tracks here and there digitally.

\

you mean funky dandy? and there's still some gems from cadenza...achso, solomon's prayer, tips, the digitaline album....all classics. not really digging the direction lately...the new mirko loko album is super boring and i hate that cadenza doesn't have .wav files on beatport...annoying
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

I enjoyed the Villalobos Achso release plus the first Digitaline and Argenis Brito albums. The last couple of years has been abysmal.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

cloutier wrote:

it's the only 1 i got too. don't have any other tracks digitally. oh, i got the villalobos thing but brought that not knowing what it was. not one of my favorite villalobos records.

i actually prefer minus
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

tone-def wrote: it's the only 1 i got too. don't have any other tracks digitally. oh, i got the villalobos thing but brought that not knowing what it was. not one of my favorite villalobos records.

i actually prefer minus
I would suggest giving Achso a bit more time. SOme of my favourite Villalobos material. BUt maybe it's not for everyone.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

it's good but i prefer his older stuff on perlon and playhouse.
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

roland wrote:hm.. ok i understand that normal dj gigs become boring for luciano.. but such experiments.. aether, cube or whatever.. they have such a commercial aftertaste.. it's just too sad seeing cadenza going that direction..
From my perspective, only the promotion of these projects can be a little commercial. Getting new ideas out in this scene can be really hard (look at how long it took for playing digitally to be accepted), and if you put the amount of work/thought into a project like this, you really want people to know about it.

I don't get why people complain when musicians want to expand their art to make it part of some bigger experience. If done right, it can really turn out to be something great and can completely open your mind to new perspectives.
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

I agree with Brianc. The idea is friendly. Unfortunately the new marketing direction of Cadenza makes it cheesy.

The last Digitaline EP is the last Cadenza record I like. What happened next is so clowny and easy...

I'm still looking forward to hear more about Digitaline cause I like their touch. I'm waiting for the Pikaya album as well. Ion Ludwig said, last year, that he signed on Cadenza (finally not?). But apparently, Cadenza chose to release more latin cheese instead.