mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Bradd »

they look like kraftwerk live ;)
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Kiani wrote: Cadenza: Well, I don't like everything they've come up with and the first releases were the most interesting ones, but I do have to say that not all the things they release are crap. Don't shoot me but La Mezcla was a peak time track and for DJ's like me who are still struggling to get some attention, it is sometimes important to play these things too, since you mainly get booked due to crowd response, rather than being original, how sad it may be...It is only after this when you have a stable number of bookings you can totally go your own way and play only underground tracks. It hard to draw the line and I feel myself struggling alot between 'getting booked' and 'doing my own thing'...but this is way off topic :)
²
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

Hahahah Amadeus Luciano this is ridiculous.
maxeinsoul
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by maxeinsoul »

The most ridiculous thing for me would be to associate the fame of an artist and his talent. What's being said here is totally f*cked up to me. A few guys are trying something. It smells money to you so it's crap. We're not living a dream. Ok, we coyld all be into underground basement clubbing with two Sl's and no light. What about something new? And if it works and brings people to the party?

It's very simple : Luciano and his friends are trying something new. It is a PARTY. A party means people, and to get people, you need to promote the party. I don't see what's chocking in it, there's money everywhere, and you and I need it. If it's all about music to you, then listen before saying it's all rotten.

And mainstream/underground polemic... USELESS.

As many talkers say, it's about music.

Is Bob Marley underground? No, his records are played everywhere in the world. Is his music good and authentic? Yes.

Are all the clic clac minimal scene underground? Yes. Is it good music? No!

The Rolling Stones had Bentleys before they recorded Sticky Fingers, one of the best albums in the history. Some techno producers might have the pride of being underground, if their records are crap... I don't see the point. [/i]
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i dont think anyone cares about his money

i bet he does have enough money with or without this project :D
suli.belarto
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by suli.belarto »

based on the comments from people that have witnessed this, it was hard to stomach even 15 minutes of this :shock:
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

I'd rather watch someone on a large screen play like this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4Hxq4JmhFg , than watching Luciano play with his Christmas lights. "On Blitzen, On Donner!!!"

Watching a Dj "going in" is a lot more exiting than watching five guys play laser tag with their friends. Get ur DJ game up then play with the lights. Like I said fame dont have sh!t to do with skills. Only people's lack of knowledge and good taste.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

the appearance and the behaviour of a DJ is a important thing

hiding behind a laptop and thinking, all what counts is the music, is maybe a lovely thought but not the reality.