mnml newbie

Post by greenlantern »

the first track that really grabbed me by the balls was;
Marc Romboy vs Stephan Bodzin - Puck
Van Hagen
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Van Hagen »

Marcus Stork wrote:Hard to say.. i was listening to alot of different electronic styles since the late 80's. Stakker Humanoid was one track that realy got me into Electronic music in the first place. But as for Techno i would say Dave Clarke - Wisdom To The Wise and the Red 1-3 series in 1993-1994. Thats were i found my way into Techno for real..
Nearly the same with me. Especially Red2 had a really big impact on my taste andd listening behaviour. But there was also lots of 80's stuff that made me excited about synths and stuff in my childhood... When I really got into electronic music and partying in 1993 I started off rediscovering lots of classic chicago & detroit stuff like Phuture's "Acid Trax" or Saunderson's "Rock to the beat" on different compilations which laid down quite a nice foundation for discovering the new...
Marcus Stork
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Marcus Stork »

Van Hagen wrote:
Marcus Stork wrote:Hard to say.. i was listening to alot of different electronic styles since the late 80's. Stakker Humanoid was one track that realy got me into Electronic music in the first place. But as for Techno i would say Dave Clarke - Wisdom To The Wise and the Red 1-3 series in 1993-1994. Thats were i found my way into Techno for real..
Nearly the same with me. Especially Red2 had a really big impact on my taste andd listening behaviour. But there was also lots of 80's stuff that made me excited about synths and stuff in my childhood... When I really got into electronic music and partying in 1993 I started off rediscovering lots of classic chicago & detroit stuff like Phuture's "Acid Trax" or Saunderson's "Rock to the beat" on different compilations which laid down quite a nice foundation for discovering the new...
Dave Clarke - Wisdome To The Wise is defenetly the track i have been playing most of all.. I still drop it quite often.. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hclYl5p7iXk
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

hydrogen wrote:I'm with the other liquid room junkies. :)

Turning to the second session specifically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhACog5ICa4

I heard those backspins and was stoked for life!!!
I listened this to pieces. 8)
when he drops strings of life... fck
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

hooked up a sample of the track

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

I have hooked up a sample of the track I was talking about. Its cut out of the set I was talking about. I included the track before it just so you cant get a feel for the way it was dropped in.

It was so different from anything I had heard before. So quirky and unique. I often visualize music in my head and when I heard this it provoked something really interesting in my mind.

The track begins to worm its way in at about 2:00. Drops full at 2:23. Clip is about 4:20 long. Thats right... 420. Purely accidental. Don't start thinking the internet is giving you hidden messages...

Click here for Sample
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

Electronic music in general: Juno Reactor - Pistolero.

This turned me into a goa/psytrance junkie for a few years.

The stuff that started to really pique my interest in Techno/Minimal was T. Raumschmiere - Zartbitter

The dense droney sounds, was like being wrapped in a smoggy blanket of warmth and comfort (yet still being a bit depressing at the same time).

Got me really curious to "whats this techno all about?" - and got me introduced to labels like Sender Records, Areal, etc.

I remember discovering the sender records website and it was a gold mine. So many tracks 'hit the spot' for the type of sounds I was wanting to hear.

After spending 2+ years listening to super fast / squelchy / dense / aggressive psytrance - used to be in the "The harder / faster and squelchier the better mindset, Sender Records stuff was rather soothing to the ears :)

Plastikman - Closer / Consumed where the two albums that really made me fall in love with the more minimal-minimal side of techno.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

shypht wrote:T. Raumschmiere

The dense droney sounds, was like being wrapped in a smoggy blanket of warmth and comfort (yet still being a bit depressing at the same time).

labels like Sender Records, Areal, etc.
I'm gonna look up what happened to t. Raumschimeire . He had some great stuff, but then went a bit funny (to my ears), a shouty pop music album I think.

I saw him dj once and it was halfway between a moshpit and a dancefloor. Really intense and unique.
sven laux
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sven laux »

oblioblioblio wrote:
shypht wrote:T. Raumschmiere

labels like Sender Records, Areal, etc.
I'm gonna look up what happened to t. Raumschimeire . He had some great stuff, but then went a bit funny (to my ears), a shouty pop music album I think.

I saw him dj once and it was halfway between a moshpit and a dancefloor. Really intense and unique.
Ich sah die ganzen Schweine... :)