Dub Techno

- open
trc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Dub Techno

Post by trc »

been getting into this side of techno recently. i've already been through this topic...

http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=29703

and there are some great recommendations in there but i'm specifically looking for a certain style. the more dark and moody stuff is what is really floating my boat at the moment. like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSm_9exoLtM
good_god
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by good_god »

this is worth checking out:
http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=38349

also MLZ, Marko Furstenberg, Wireman, Ovatow, Ohrwert, anything on the Meanwhile label

enjoy!
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

Try Dj Slip (theres a few of them, The one i'm talkin about is from the MidWest), he's a little oldskool, but still great, kinda ahead of his time.
trc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by trc »

good_god wrote:this is worth checking out:
http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=38349

also MLZ, Marko Furstenberg, Wireman, Ovatow, Ohrwert, anything on the Meanwhile label

enjoy!
nice one man. downloading now
trc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by trc »

miniKAT wrote:Try Dj Slip (theres a few of them, The one i'm talkin about is from the MidWest), he's a little oldskool, but still great, kinda ahead of his time.
bit too dated for my liking tbh
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

trc wrote:
miniKAT wrote:Try Dj Slip (theres a few of them, The one i'm talkin about is from the MidWest), he's a little oldskool, but still great, kinda ahead of his time.
Are u saying u wouldnt like it just because of the date it was made?

well, up to u, I like to stick to the classic as much as new stuff (a lot of new stuff tends to sound all the same). Honestly I never knew that the video u put up was considered Dub techno, I mean that in the way that I though that was just techno, maybe on the minimal side. I heard that type of techno quite a lot (like it), just cant think of anyone particular on the spot

Edit: Pablo Bolivar, Alka-rex (also minimal, but dubby too), a few I thought off
trc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by trc »

good_god wrote:Wireman
yep..."armour" is exactly the sort of stuff i'm looking for
trc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by trc »

miniKAT wrote:
trc wrote:
Are u saying u wouldnt like it just because of the date it was made?

well, up to u, I like to stick to the classic as much as new stuff (a lot of new stuff tends to sound all the same). Honestly I never knew that the video u put up was considered Dub techno, I mean that in the way that I though that was just techno, maybe on the minimal side. I heard that type of techno quite a lot (like it), just cant think of anyone particular on the spot

Edit: Pablo Bolivar, Alka-rex (also minimal, but dubby too), a few I thought off
no, i listened to some of his tracks on beatport and none of them were really doing it for me. i don't care when a track was released, it's just that when it comes to techno my tastes are more suited to the modern sounding stuff.

i dunno whether that track is strictly considered dub techno (maybe its not dubby enough...i dunno) but it's definately techno that has dub elements to it. just listening to some of pablo bolivar's stuff and it sounds much more like what i'm looking for