Re: Stickies in the Vinyl section

- open
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Stickies in the Vinyl section

Post by Celltek »

Is this a new way of doing promotion here? Do people pay to have their release as a sticky, if not who selects which releases to stick up on the board, and why?
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

I think it's John, and I think it works the same way as in the mixes section..
was also discussed in another thread some time ago..
henrique
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by henrique »

I usually don't spend much time in the vinyl section but when it takes to the mixes I see it as the picks of the movie rental store employee: "John's Picks" :P

that's fine by me, maybe some other selected users could give they're picks but then it would turn kind of confusing I guess..
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

enorm mess imo.
i
Eventhough I support most of the sticky records - I don't see any point in hanging them for some mysteriour period of time.

Makes the forum unclean and definitely non minimalistic re design.

Which is a pitty ;)

this forum has a whole bunch of more or less regular users - let them decide what's on top in the natural way - that's the whole idea of the forum right ??

Peace
alexx.wolfe
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by alexx.wolfe »

bshosa wrote:enorm mess imo.
i
Eventhough I support most of the sticky records - I don't see any point in hanging them for some mysteriour period of time.

Makes the forum unclean and definitely non minimalistic re design.

Which is a pitty ;)

this forum has a whole bunch of more or less regular users - let them decide what's on top in the natural way - that's the whole idea of the forum right ??

Peace
I agree with this.

Would prefer the ''release of the week/month'' than this ..
http://www.myspace.com/alexxwolfe

http://www.myspace.com/suigenerizrecords

IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE FREE SONGS AND UPDATED NEWSLETTER FROM OUR RECORD LABEL, JUST GO TO OUR MYSPACE PAGE AND SUBSCRIBE TO OR NEWSLETTER
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

they are kinda up there until some other release can knock it off it's sticky...lol * I've moved one of the announcements and removed one of the stickies to make it less clutter some...

I've added the vinyl section which at the beginning some didn't like but now love, I've changed it to 75 views per page which should help with the number of stickies we can/should do which people (may) have an issue with but perhaps with the growth of our forum now realize (I feel) it's also a much needed step. people resist change : its human nature.

you guys are wayyy tooo serious... I'm just having fun with the board and trying maximize it's potential in it's current state. instead of having a brand new board with bells and whistles (which is something I have absolutely no control over) - I've utilized the board for the simple, efficient, & effect things that I can do (at the moment).

and to address the question initially asked NO we are not accepting money.. you can NOT buy you fame here like you can at beatport :P we're not sell outs..

Im just giving a few quality releases the attention they so deserve.

duplicate topic:

http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=47569
revy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by revy »

i dont see any harm in it, its not like youre being forced to see it like an ad or something...
I've tuned into plenty of things I probably wouldn't have thanks to it as well.

although maybe take it down after a time, like that depth perceptions netlabel release has been stickied for quite a while....
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

revy wrote:i dont see any harm in it, its not like youre being forced to see it like an ad or something...
I've tuned into plenty of things I probably wouldn't have thanks to it as well.

although maybe take it down after a time, like that depth perceptions netlabel release has been stickied for quite a while....
Agreed, there should be a fixed time on a sticky to prevent it from going "stale"..