DJ Hero

- open
TMCM
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TMCM »

A-Dreamer wrote:this is absolute crap. i think i've never seen a game more pointless than this. and it has nothing to do with djing, techno-wise. and if someone wants to play with music and gear, why not get the real stuff, and buy the actual records ? this is a mindwashing travesty. it insults music and djs.
i wonder...
do you play 'call of duty', cause you cant get the real stuff, shooting-wise?
or do you by any chance use traktor?

no offense meant, dude, but i just had to point out that this topic is pretty pointless regarding other genres.

it's a VIDEOGAME! (-)

[/rant]
coffee makes you happy... except when it messes you up.
Twitter Last.FM Facebook
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

Much Like everything in America, games like this are aimed at Joe Shmo in Bumfuck, Usa to feel like a superstar, just like they show on those television programs that he watches while eating his tv dinners in his yellow stained underwear. No Talent Required.

Hey, Why not?
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

Played this for a few hours last night.

It's actually more fun then I had expected it to be. I had no interest in the game and was skeptical of it. But more from a "I'm not into the Guitar Hero/Rock Band style of games", not "Moral outrage!!!" like some posters here.

The game has about as much to do with actual DJing or trying to emulate actual DJing as tapping your fingers on your desk while listening to a set. Not to use this as a detriment to the game.

Not sure how long the novelty-factor will keep it enjoyable, but I had fun playing it last night.

I still don't "get" all of the outrage some posters here express. It's not about trying to replicate DJing, or turning you into a DJ - it's just a Rhythm game with a turntable instead of a guitar, which opens up the possibility for a broader ranging track-selection then you can do in games like Rockband / Guitar Hero / etc.
Pettro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Pettro »

I tried this at a store this weekend.
Nothing to do with DJing. More with following lines and and pushing buttons ata the right time.
I used to DJ in the past..and my opinion is that DJ Hero is dumb and not fun at all.
I know how to play drums and guitar and that doesn't take the fun out of a Rock Band which I've quite enjoyed a few times.
BeatBoxBaby
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by BeatBoxBaby »

masterpiece wrote:....wtf.... eminem....??? :lol:

Here's your audience:

ImageImageImage
...:::I Looove this Place:::...
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

There is a learning curve to using the control, and there is less relationship between DJ Hero and Turntables then there is with other Rhythm games I think.

First few tracks I tried, I fell into the "this is pretty stupid". Once I got a hang of the controls, started to enjoy playing it.

Had to play around with the button position a few times to find what worked best for me.

Guitar Hero I could pick up and get a hang of it within the 1st track -- might not do 'well', but still got it. With DJ Hero, took me a lot longer to get how everything works.
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

I saw it at best buy yesterday? Is it all hip-hop and rock songs mashed up?
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

Lots of hip-hop mash-ups. Not too many 'rock' ones - and the ones that are there feel tacked on to say they also support using a Guitar with some tracks.

Allot of electro stuff (ie: Justice), lots of old tracks - Mc Hammer vs Vanilla Ice, etc.

There is also a few daft punk edits.

Generally not much I'd listen to outside the context of the game, but even ones that had me groaning when I looked at the track listing (Hammer vs Vanilla Ice), are actually well done and 'fun' to play through.