People now paying for ID's!?

- open
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

how bout just not giving a fck and enjoy the rest of the day as it is?

ive rarely gone in there and im doin fine
signatures suck
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

mlexicon wrote:how bout just not giving a fck and enjoy the rest of the day as it is?

double up on that one..
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

primevil wrote:
antonio_pt wrote:what about restricting the requests forum to users with over a certain number of posts? i believe the number of new requests would fall rapidly as there are a lot of new users who just come here to post requests and don't participate in the discussions.
+1 great idea imo
Yeah I think thats a great idea.
JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JackNine »

It's easy to say "Hey, don't go in there if you don't like it!" if you don't need or use the section, ever. But the reality is that it used to be the best part about mnml.nl for many of us. People actually helped one another without all the attitude and elitist bullshit.

The requests section has been broken for quite some time now. Like many others, I used to spend time in there ID'ing as much as I could. Since about a year ago, though, I just couldn't keep up with all the "new" posters with less than 25 posts who keep filling the board up with requests.

A few things wrong with it right now:

1.) The people who have been here for two years, three, or even longer--those of us looking for a specific ID every now and then--seem to get bumped down the boards in favor of all the new guys taking over.

2.) The same few guys post way too many ID requests.

3.) There should be not only a post-minimum, but also a time-minimum as well. That is, you should be a contributing member for a certain time period before you can even post in that forum. This will prevent all the noobies from going in there and clogging up the joint.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Robot Criminal wrote:wtf trend :D:D:D
goin' to a recordstore and pay the dude there to dig for you :D
:!: - hahaha..
Salomo wrote:why the hassle, you don't feel tempted i suppose? i say common interest.. some greedy a$$ asking for money and some dumb a$$ willing to pay. who are you to intervene :roll:.
THIS SITE will not be used as a platform for contacts to exchange money.. it's self explanatory..(for most)
whatever wrote:from my point of view the whole music request forum should dissapear or should be cleaned up or restricted to only a part of users. it wasn't here when i registered few years ago. maybe all the hunters need a break, a forced one... yes, i know what i say is extreme, but thing went out of control IMO.
I specifically asked the opinion of having restrictions on that section and it was voted on and agreed the majority voted NO.. however perhaps their were fake accounts to cast new votes.. it's been talked about it again and again.. you can't realistically manage or make it some type of process and rule out others.. I don't think a few rotten apples should spoil the bunch.

their is a specific rule of 5 bumps if ANYONE surfs that section and finds excessive bumping please pm me, I check my account daily and it will be locked. NO QUESTIONS asked. * it's ALREADY a rule.

just let the new dj's from a few countries have their moments and things will be back in order.. I hope..
antonio_pt wrote:what about restricting the requests forum to users with over a certain number of posts? i believe the number of new requests would fall rapidly as there are a lot of new users who just come here to post requests and don't participate in the discussions.
haven't completely ruled that out - but it was brought up discussion that and/or someone claimed that several or many of the id's came from people with less than 100 views..

it's just not practical (at the moment) but I haven't completely rulled it out.
mlexicon wrote:how bout just not giving a fck and enjoy the rest of the day as it is?

we have a winner
:!: :!: :!:
Last edited by John Clees on Wed May 27, 2009 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

in the end of ends..

it's about the artist(s) who produce the tracks, the label(s) that help support getting their music out, and SHARING the information..

it's that simple : nothing more : nothing less. sure the old school cats my find this not digging as they did, the new cats are used to getting information at a faster rate due to the internet generation...

* personally I've found one id in 100+ views that I enjoyed so to me it's not really spoiling that much (if you ask me). digging is STILL digging. NOTHING will ever take away from your efforts. this is just one resource that (perhaps) can be useful. not your everything.

in the end : stop feeding negative energy, and avoid the section if it really bothers your that much..:!:

PLEASE & THANK YOU..

warmly,

yours truely.
jtredwings20
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jtredwings20 »

track id trends? unless u id my track : i rape all of your house plants, steal your identity and give your neighbor crabs...now id my track
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

There is not much you can do actually...Only making the section available for a select number of people is actually in the same trend as that guy giving an id or money if you give him an id. The whole idea of an open forum fails then and it makes the situation worse...

Just help the ones you know that are respectful and have a positive attitude towards the music...

BUT, I think asking for money on a forum is not legal (maybe I`m wrong though) and these topics, even the people themselves (although they can just make a new account, but still, it`s some punishment) have to be banned!