Fusion Festival

- open
Alex M
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Fusion Festival

Post by Alex M »

I'm thinking of going to Fusion festival this year as my girlfriend has asked me about going there.
I don't know much about the festival and would like to know about any experiences anyone has had, line up quality, how the place is, camping, etc...

It's a shame they don't announce the lineup until you get there. I've skimmed thru the lineups for the last 2 years and im concerned I don't know many of the bands or acts.

Also if anyone knows any info on this year's lineup would be great!

Cheers. ;)

P.S. Not sure if this should go to the clubs, parties & festivals section but as it is asking for info and not giving any I thought it would get more attention here... Srry.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

I've been the last 2 years.

Really friendly atmosphere for the most part. It's quite big though and attracts a wide variety of people.

The festival in terms of site/camping/facilities is really well organised imo.

The musical selections are good but not excellent (imo). Last year the main techno stage was dissapointing (to my ears), but the year before I had lots of fun.
Alex M
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Alex M »

Thanks oblioblioblio.

No one else???

I'm not getting very convinced about the festival...
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

it's hard to say for sure cos i wouldn't want you to go and then have a bad time.

it's definitely a really unique and well organised festival.

with the music they definitely pay attention. last year semed quite promising but on thr main techno stage quite a few of the big names didn't really deliver (imo).

over the last 2 years they have had some really great people playing.. Shackleton, Ramadanman & Pangea, Jeff Samuel, Ada, Monkey Maffia (1 half of Wighnomy bros), DJ Koze, Marek Hemmann

can't remember too many others but I reckon it's definitely worth thinking about. quite a unique event.
sven laux
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sven laux »

I will go there, too...
warren888k
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by warren888k »

went in o6, great place or a festival, very unique ie. never been to a setting like it before.

for me there was only one good stage, the minimal one obviously! but it was still fairly hit and miss but seemed to be full all the time time.

from what i can remember there seemed to be a fair bit of trance or other such rubbish(personal opinion before anyone jumps down my throat!) or it could just have been that the soundsystem was really loud on one stage and you could hear it everywhere -boom

the on thing that pissed me off was the food situation, absolute joke tbh, no meat anywhere and i'm a serious carnivore!
now don't get me wrong i love veg too but the damn hippies couldn't even get that right!!
sven laux
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sven laux »

:)
supergroover
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by supergroover »

very good festival, with a lot of different styles of music and theater.
One of the best in Germany. From techno to dub, from dnb to balkan and from hiphop to trance. with a very nice atmosphere everywhere.

And I am very happy that they do not allow meat to be sold on the festival. All those carnivores should take a look at what they actually eat and how it effects the world...