How big is your track collection

- open
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

cloutier wrote:i was only including anything edm related...

if you want to talk punk / hardcore / metal / ska / jazz, add about another 300 vinyl, 250 cd's, and maybe another 20+gb of mp3's.
that's music too;)
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

Imagine how many people you could of cured of leprosy with the money spent on vinyl's and to a lesser extent mp3s that will probably only be listened to a handful of times.
good_god
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by good_god »

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:Imagine how many people you could of cured of leprosy with the money spent on vinyl's and to a lesser extent mp3s that will probably only be listened to a handful of times.
Captain Bring-down reporting for duty... :lol:

i actually think about that alot though. i was always made to feel bad spending $ on stuff like that as a kid—my fam wasn't really financially sound—so i'm always questioning if "this record" or "this batch" of wavs are really worth it. about 50% of the time the answer is "NO". it keeps me picky which is a good thing...probably why my collection is still only about 300 wax, 2000 digital after roughly 6 years of collecting EDM seriously. but what i got is pretty damn good.
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

at about 400-450 records. i stopped buying for a while b/c of finances

i would say close to 400 gigs of digital music that i would play out. over a 100-disc spindle full of dvds, and most of them are full. lots of loops and samples as well as releases as flac/wav, so not just a bunch of 320s :P
- matt
stu1880
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by stu1880 »

i was wondering that to. i have only really started buying records in the past yr. probably got around 80-100 vinyls. how often do people buy their records?
and to the people who have over 1000 records, for how long have you been buying them for?
i am a student so its quite hard for me to keep buying all the newest tracks that i like as a cant afford it!! i have to be very picky.
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

Yo cloutier, you got any 95-99 chi house you want to get rid of?
michielwijnen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by michielwijnen »

stu1880 wrote:i was wondering that to. i have only really started buying records in the past yr. probably got around 80-100 vinyls. how often do people buy their records?
and to the people who have over 1000 records, for how long have you been buying them for?
i am a student so its quite hard for me to keep buying all the newest tracks that i like as a cant afford it!! i have to be very picky.
Well I'm a student too. As I said earlier: 500 of my 1500 vinyls I bought as a whole package from my brother together with the gear.
And I gues I have been buying vinyl myself for the last 8 years or so...

The last three or four years I only bought from decks and I just have an excell file where I copy all the tracks I like. After a month or two I always order for 100-200€.

So I'm also very picky with the stuff I buy. usually I order the stuff that really blows my mind, or the vinyl only stuff (I usually wait for an order till ther is some very exclusive record that I want, like a lomidhigh limited or a reprint of an older release).

I also have a second list with all the tracks that I like but I don't order, but most of these tracks are also digital so I'll maybe buy them in 5 years or something.
Combe
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Combe »

About 1200 records i would say
(and hundred of gigabytes of mp3 in all styles, but i don't listen them, there are from my hacker period. :lol: )
Only vinyl records count for me.