How big is your track collection

- open
michielwijnen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by michielwijnen »

I have around 1500 vinyls, no EDM really digital...

But in the vinyl collection there are around 500 vinyls of trance music from ten years ago or something... But that ended up in my collection by buying my big brothers whole gere + records...

Fun to play around with tough :lol:
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

My itunes says 3941 tracks in 94,61GB
Around 1.500 vinyls or more, lots to be sold soon.
Probably somewhere around 100 CD's (many been sold over the years).

To the guy with 25.000 mp3's, you must be a millionaire? Each track is between 1-2$.. Auch.
Plus the 3.500 vinyls.. holy sh!t.
Krul
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Krul »

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:
Krul wrote:I had 150Gigabytes of music untill 4 months ago, then a virus came along.... I had about 50 gigs backed up and now I'm at 70...

lesson > make backups!!

The vinyl collection is +/- 350... haven't really counted them yet...
Oh man, that sucks. It would take so long just to download or rip that much music.

I missed a lot of good tracks over the years. I stopped buying music for about four years because I was moving around a lot and working in very remote locations for a good chunk of that time. Plus I wasn't too keen on the music that was availiable in the record shops where I moved to.

An interesting thought... when you work out the numbers...

Say we round the general length of a track to 5 minutes. There are only 1440 minutes in a single day. You would only be able to play about 288 songs in a single day.

For every 1000 tracks you have it would take 3.47 days just to play end to end non-stop.

It would take a phenomental amount of time and effort to amass collections as large as some of you have let alone be familiar with your selection.

cloutier, take yours for instance. Say each vinyl has 2 (lowballin) tracks. 7500 tracks once you add digital assuming there is no overlap. Rough a track out to 5 mins and you end up with 37500 minutes of music.

Thats 26 days of non stop music. lol, thats crazy.
actually, Itunes calculates this for you.

my library has 5347 tracks, in 70,41GB, which is the equivalent of

35 days, 2 hours, 12 minutes, and 44 secs (admitted, there's a lot of dj-sets in there so that counts for a lot of time)

still, its pretty sick if you think about it, 35 days of non stop music.
cloutier wrote:
minimalwyte wrote:When does Digweed come in?
he comes in around 1994 and leaves around 2002.
stu1880
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by stu1880 »

i far prefer to have all my music on vinyl rather than mp3. on mp3 you have nothing to show for it. no artwork etc. and if your computer crashes ur fucked
Krul
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Krul »

Actually, I was wondering, how much money do you guys spend on music every month (and I mean actually SPENDING it, not dling)

I have to admit I only buy vinyl, everything else I download. Usually I spend roughly 100€.
cloutier wrote:
minimalwyte wrote:When does Digweed come in?
he comes in around 1994 and leaves around 2002.
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

I have about 500 - 600 records and growing. All Bought as in never received them as promos. I reckon 90% of which i'd be happy to listen to any time meaning very few duds. I've been collecting for about 6 or 7 years.

I've a sh!t load of mp3s most of which i bought or received over a two year period when i was predominantly using Final scratch. To be honest I don't consider these part of my collection. Maybe because I feel it doesn't actually 'exist' in physical form anyway lol

I'm currently spending about £100 a month on vinyl. Sometimes more, sometimes less :)
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

- around 1000 vinyls (mostly techno / house, but some punk / metal as well)
- probably 500 gb with livesets
- a lot of gb with flac-rips of my cds (mostly punk / metal)

conclusion: too much music.

i should have deleted most of the livesets i've kept over the years, but for some reason i never manage to do it. "what if i want to listen to that again?" bah..
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

i was only including anything edm related...

if you want to talk punk / hardcore / metal / ska / jazz, add about another 300 vinyl, 250 cd's, and maybe another 20+gb of mp3's.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier