richie hawtin's live traktor twitter feed...

- open
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

Because Music/Rhythm games are a cash-cow with a massive recurring income stream for the publishers. The whole Guitar Hero/Rockband series is pretty much a license to print money. They release new editions how often? Then combined with a stream of download able content.

I'd say it's more a reflection of the gaming industry than anything, and really has no impact on 'club culture'
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

DJ Hero: Now you can pretend to play other people's tracks!

:P
- matt
bip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bip »

goal of this was to make people talk about richie hawtin and minus! and in this case it is achieved
and we all are dumbs cause we are reading it
...::::....::::....::::...
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

bip wrote:goal of this was to make people talk about richie hawtin and minus! and in this case it is achieved
and we all are dumbs cause we are reading it
i wouldn't be so deterministic about the "goal" of this.

perhaps you should consider for a minute that maybe he really wants to promote the artists whose music he is playing.

or he just wanted to embrace new technology to get closer to the people.

or he got paid by twitter and ni to make this thing happen, so that people get exposed to twitter and to ni products.

or maybe he just did it cause felt like doing it.

the list is endless. really!
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

to add in 96-97 richie had a concept label that promoted only new artists..

it seems he is returning to his roots (along with the lastest mix he just did) that was all up and coming artist...

he is reaching out : as he should : but it's very nice to see this (again) from him..

lets really just look at the his history and be thankful...

this is another wave of very positive energy..

I smell new material very soon from him...

myself included - catch the vapor ...

:)
FreaKske
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by FreaKske »

john clees wrote:to add in 96-97 richie had a concept label that promoted only new artists..

it seems he is returning to his roots (along with the lastest mix he just did) that was all up and coming artist...

he is reaching out : as he should : but it's very nice to see this (again) from him..

lets really just look at the his history and be thankful...

this is another wave of very positive energy..

I smell new material very soon from him...

myself included - catch the vapor ...

:)
totally true!!

for me other dj's should use this to or at least getting the point off promoting stuff ... its a new way off getting connected with new artists and labels or upcoming releases from dj's you allready discovered.
i don't like all the sets richie is playing but mostly there are some songs you wanna know what track he is playing cuz you never heard it before and it sounds crazy good to you... .
and if you found out... you can play it yourself with your own inspiration of "how to play it in your set" or just play it at home.

2nd just have a look here at mnml.nl @ "the request section" and count the threads with "track id" from any kind of dj. it can help a lot off people that are looking for new songs they like, but can't find out who has made them.whenever they use them for dj'in or just for listing at home etc.

it opens a totally new way/technology off getting info about a track you like. so i'm pro :)
....Mnml...tEcHnO...Is...cUlTuRe...aNd...cUlTuRe...lIvEs.....PeaCe....