Minitek09 in NY?

- open
dav.id
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dav.id »

cloutier wrote:
dav.id wrote:I did. the site doesn't really show the place. Is it a place with an amusement park? How many personn do you think they are waiting for?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randall%27s_Island
Ouuuh, cool place. I take my ticket.
tabula rasa
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

miroslav wrote:
infernal.techno wrote:i've been to much bigger fail-fests than that. granted, friday night i was pissed as i stood in line around the corner...only to get inside to see all of 30 minutes of music.

i would rather go to minitek 09 than a number of well-organized festivals here in the states ;)
I'd rather go to WMC or DEMF and actually get to see / hear something.
i saw plenty of music that weekend. oh well, might have had a bit better luck than you
- matt
pantycontrol
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pantycontrol »

well if you're looking for a late summer/early fall festival you might want to look at: http://dbfestival.com/
they just updated the site from last year's 'look' so there is not much up for now, but keep following it as more info becomes available. i have gone the last 3 years and always had a blast. over the course of 4 days(techno BBQs and parties in the park) and nights the line-up is varied(something for everyone) but some highlights for me last year were: [a]pendics shuffle, dixon, carl craig vs. supermayer(after-hours and totally random) and an after-party i threw with drumcell, brian zentz and aaron nesbit ;). the focus is on multimedia so there is usually a slew of things to do during the day like the ableton/traktor seminars taught by industry professionals and various forums and panel disscusions on electronic music. keep it in mind.

p.s. i know of at least one act booked this year, since we're booking him for our opening night showcase this year...mikael stavostrand.
"that sounds like a dog fart a hand clap"
minimalwyte
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimalwyte »

Minitek was a disaster. Good musik though. Electric Zoo should be dope, except for the trance.