mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

just seems kind of desperate
- matt
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

i cant agree, some cd's you can trust to have some quality - like sci-fi-hi-fi or fabric. Even though Alex Smoke only picked some tracks that he personally liked and _just_ mixed them for sci-fi (without much thinking about flow or structure) I still love that mix because it is personal and really inspireing to hear what inspires mr. Smoke, whom I hold in very high regard. Fabric mixes are really nice because they are benchmarks of what is being hot, and the dj's consider it an honour to do a fabric mix and hence really put some effort in it. Other than mr. Willalobo's ( :P ) mix you have for instance âme's or John Tejadas mixes that can actually stand on their own.

As with everything, there is quality stuff and there is stuff made purely to make profit from.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i use to buy a few mix CD's but since i've had decent download speeds i'd rather download something form the dj and livesets section of this forum.
JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JackNine »

I buy mix CDs, but only if I've heard parts of them and/or I know they will be worth keeping. 99% of the mixes I check out are downloads, but the quality isn't up to par @ 128k and sometimes I like to really let it fly on my system.

The new W.B. CD, or Fabric: Villalobos are good examples of $15 well spent. Plus you're supporting the scene by getting some coin to the labels and artists. I don't think it's positive, for me personally, to have a "I'll never pay for mixes" attitude. A few per year. Nothing wrong with that.
BeatBoxBaby
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by BeatBoxBaby »

Yes of course there are some good series you can trust to be quality music, and those compiled by good Djs, real artists who are devoted to music and not driven by money in the first place.
...:::I Looove this Place:::...
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

"DJ kicks" series by !K7 is definitely worth spending money on it.

but to be honest I don't listen to a lot of mixes in my free time, as I basically choose some other genres than electronic at home.
Rosscoah
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rosscoah »

Podcasts. Free and good for listening to.
jaylun
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jaylun »

Rosscoah wrote:Podcasts. Free and good for listening to.
word