Ricardo Villalobos and the U.S.A.

- open
stevësto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Ricardo Villalobos and the U.S.A.

Post by stevësto »

On January 20, 2009, George Bush will no longer be the president of the United States. Why is that day so special? It means Ricardo Villalobos can now DJ in the U.S.A.

So ... who knows whats up? Who's got the inside scoop? When will we finally see Ricardo here in the states? (WMC this march would be perfect)
Johnson
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Johnson »

i though exactly the same. but i don't think that he will be coming ... the cocoon act like väth was against Bush. Villalobos more generally about the treatment for south amaericans at the boarder and at the airport. if you from chile, columbia or brazil you always get double checked at the airport at the states ...

but i hope i may be wrong ... would love to see him at Sunday School For Degenrated at Pawn Shop .. all day long outdoor hahaa
There is a god ... his name is Carl Craig
alutza
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by alutza »

Maybe they'll book him for Demf. Last time he was in the States was back in 2002 if I'm not mistaken.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

if you think that george bush being if office has anything to do with ricardo not wanting to play in the usa, you're really taking the gossip bait.

its mainly due to sactions and the borders and problems most artists have with playing in this country. its ridiculously expensive to buy a one week work visa, and i'm sure (though don't quote me), the usa is goin to want to take part of whatever that dj makes as some sort of payment for us "allowing him" to play in the usa. plus, without a work visa, someone like ricardo, who plays almost all vinyl, will never make it past the border. just a few months ago zip got pinched at the border and we probably won't see him in the usa for five to seven years, unless he goes through some serious paperwork and red tape and gets a work visa and clears his passport.

yeah, the demf is a possibility, but i have a feeling that he'd probably just as soon play mutek again instead of bothering with our dumb country.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
souat
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by souat »

about da pass border rules guys no offence .. but what's inthere? what do u defending for?.. :P
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

souat wrote:about da pass border rules guys no offence .. but what's inthere? what u defending for?.. :P
we're making sure our bitchin' economy doesn't suck any more.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
alutza
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by alutza »

element.8 wrote: he'd probably just as soon play mutek again
Seeing him at Mutek would be great too. I wish I could've went to the gig that he had in Montreal this year.
fugazi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fugazi »

also ricardo dont want to go to medellin, because he hates all guerrilla revolution of my country colombia :(

it's sad... :(