mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sven laux »

who likes minimal?
Vian
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Vian »

john clees wrote:I used to be a huge chronic (*) smoker...

since I've put that down I find it's completely necessary to listen to music to stimulate my mind... it's an absolute must..

I've been burn out before and enjoyed intake of jazz and such - however I haven't in a long time..

I tend to listen to new music 6 hrs a day..

for the past 4/5 years...

music before tv..

:)

yeah same here.. too much. im quite lucky in that i enjoy listening to a really varied mix of music (as im sure lots of people on here do) so theres usually always something that will stimulate me in the right way if something else doesnt. still, there are often times when i get disenchanted about the new music that im listeining to at the time... i often turn to spoken word in that situation, comedy, commentary ect.. i find that really good. it not only gives you a break from constant tunes but also a different focus altogether

oh and most things before tv.unless it's lost. or the wire. i do love those shows!
anti
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by anti »

apanell wrote:sometimes i need a break from techno and retreat back to rock/pop/jazz/blues/etc
yep, so do i, when i'm realy tired and need a zen moment, other kind of music helps me :)
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i still like minimal
Last edited by tone-def on Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

tone-def wrote:
amber_sun wrote:Then after a couple of months I accidentally listened to a minimal techno track
I can just imagine the panic "sht! I'M LISTENING TO MINIMAL!" :lol:
jsz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jsz »

Its just a phase. I believe that everyone needs the time to rest a bit, and enjoy something else.

It happened to me month ago...I was bored with everything I was listening, so I decided to stop forcing myself to enjoy something I really couldn't enjoy at that time... so I started to listen stuff I usually don't listen a lot like The Beatles, Pink Floyd, etc.

I also enjoy modern classical stuff like Hauschka at that time :)
Vian
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Vian »

jsz wrote: I also enjoy modern classical stuff like Hauschka at that time :)
good call, i love that guy. i've also gotten into Goldmund a lot. you should check him out if you haven't already..
jsz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jsz »

Vian wrote:
jsz wrote: good call, i love that guy. i've also gotten into Goldmund a lot. you should check him out if you haven't already..
I haven't. Thanks for a suggestion, I'll definitely check him out!