Why did everyone forget about Gui Boratto?

- open
habitueE
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by habitueE »

i still listen to mr decay on his album sometime, but thats about it yeah, as said above.. nothing really memorable :)
dav.id
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dav.id »

boring... :roll:
tabula rasa
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

I remember when he was headlining Mutek, i felt stupid for not knowing him back then. Everyone was hyping about him. So i went in the main room to hear him and really disliked it. It felt like hype music to me. Hype music rarely lasts for a long time...

I can understand what attract people to it, like Beautifull life for instance which is very catchy. But in my ear, it sounds more like the soundtrack for a Cocacola commercial.

He seems like a nice guy though. ;)
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

Always a tough crowd here
Alex Biron
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Alex Biron »

i think the music he produces is tacky and annoying.
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re:

Post by Michael^Heaven »

Hmmm...Lemme guess...

sraid77=Gui Boratto -urk
"So knives out
Cook him up
Squash his head
Put him in the pot "-jz
simtech
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by simtech »

men oh men , at first i thought gui boratto was ok ,but he doesn't come with anything new , and the new sh!t is like very bad trancy stuff . also he is doing the same live-set for a couple of years . he said in interviews that he is to shy to look in the crowd !!! come on how is that possible when you want to interact with your crowd, i thought it was sven vath who said he hated nerdy dj's that stare at their computer all the time.. his performance is getting weaker and weaker
and obvioisly he comes from a different musical background , wich is all ok since it is about the music , but it often ends up in a melancholic melody , wich is ok ,but all of them ? and it isn't melancholic anymore it is straight depressing , by the way did you guys knew that gui boratto was the man behind a lot of manu chao ( spanish artist )productions ?
besides all the boratto bashing i think he did made some nice and refreshing tracks in a period when all the music that came out sounded the same
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

like most musical artists, he had some good stuff, some bad stuff. Arquipelago is a timeless piece that will always be great. His newest K2 release is not even close to the quality of that one.