also no pirating

lame, people who show of with songs they have illegally downloaded
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

john clees wrote:
vermi wrote:
pheek wrote:Seems like this time this will definatly put down our label with a big one excuse... :|
sorry to hear this jp, that really, really sucks bigtime. :(
:!: :!: :!:

please elaborate just a little..

:?
if Pheek was on a P&D deal, then both money and vinyl is gone now... :(
(if that was what you question was)

I knew that Neuton wasn't the place to go. Have a friend that has a label whom already 1-2 years ago had big big problems getting his money from them (maybe they were just not the kind of guys that liked to pay, don't know)...

But it's a hard business for sure, but for us digital sales is very good, so we don't complain and our vinyl sale has been better this year than last year also (but of course not as good as 2-3-4 years ago)...
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

what is the status now? only was, kompakt and intergroove of the bigger distributors left in the 'game'?
Have a friend that has a label whom already 1-2 years ago had big big problems getting his money from them (maybe they were just not the kind of guys that liked to pay, don't know)...
have almost a similar story.. friend who released a record for a label which had a contract with prime distribution (back in the days). his release sold thousands of copies, and one would believe that the label would earn some money on all the sales so they could pay him some, but they always changed the date for when he would get the money..

the day prime went bust he knew that he wouldn't get a dime of the thousands of dollars he should have had, and i assume many others are in the same position now, although i don't expect vinyl sales to be at the same level today as they were back then.

anyways, moral of the story: music business is a filthy business.

in the end i'd like to say that i feel sorry for all those who have to shut down their label because of this, and i feel even more sorry when people who also contribute in many other ways are affected by it (like jp i.e.).
JCH
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JCH »

vermi wrote:what is the status now? only was, kompakt and intergroove of the bigger distributors left in the 'game'?
Have a friend that has a label whom already 1-2 years ago had big big problems getting his money from them (maybe they were just not the kind of guys that liked to pay, don't know)...
have almost a similar story.. friend who released a record for a label which had a contract with prime distribution (back in the days). his release sold thousands of copies, and one would believe that the label would earn some money on all the sales so they could pay him some, but they always changed the date for when he would get the money..

the day prime went bust he knew that he wouldn't get a dime of the thousands of dollars he should have had, and i assume many others are in the same position now, although i don't expect vinyl sales to be at the same level today as they were back then.

anyways, moral of the story: music business is a filthy business.

in the end i'd like to say that i feel sorry for all those who have to shut down their label because of this, and i feel even more sorry when people who also contribute in many other ways are affected by it (like jp i.e.).
The music business is no difffrent than any other. People just need to know what they are doing. Just having a Myspace page is not enough.
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

JCH wrote: The music business is no difffrent than any other. People just need to know what they are doing. Just having a Myspace page is not enough.
i think that may a little bit harsh, you may still be a very sucessful label, still get struck by distribution companys went busted and get no money at all in the end.. not much you can do as a label!

has happened so much times before the last time the vinyls was in crisis, with prime/intergroove(hm no was called someything similar???) etcetc...
not many of these old dinosaurs left, right? kinda smaller distribution companys it feels like now... i may be wrong here though! all i know neutons website is kinda disastrous

but look at labels like Crosstown Rebels, survived several busts but still going! i really respect that! its a shame if you wont survive this JP, really a shame.but congrats to patrick for running a really succesful label in these days, keep it up ;)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

thomasjaldemark wrote:but congrats to patrick for running a really succesful label in these days, keep it up ;)
ahh well, let's not get that over excited Thomas :lol: :lol: :lol:
(I meant that for us, 2007 was a horrible year, and that 2008 has been a quite good year, I know that for many labels it's the opposite).

From what I know Crosstown only exists because Damian has put in a lot of his own money to keep it going. The same thing happened when EFA went bankrupt and DJ Hell had to put in xx.xxx of Euro's to keep Gigolo running... !
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

sure - sure their are always true stories but I think many agree..the more this world shapes and the economy finds its balance again.. the labels that currently still press vinyl are part of the culture and make many sacrifices and as you've listed above..(even use their own resources) to help the movement of vinyl continue in a huge state of crisis...

and therefore ... perhaps many will feel obligated to tell you how much we appreciate that and express our personal gratitude for doing such a thing....

so from me to you and to the rest...

thank you..
Storlon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »

sad sad news... ):