Berlin Calling

- open
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

then you'll hear me screaming there tonight :D .

Didn't go yesterday cause there was a 4hour queue to get in :shock:. And I already had my share of amazing moments there. But a last one won't kill me for sure !
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
hotpace
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hotpace »

So how can we get to see this in the UK? Any plans for a DVD release or anything??
werdtoyourmoms
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by werdtoyourmoms »

yo, so this is like the 10th time that bar25 is "closed forever"?
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

werdtoyourmoms wrote:yo, so this is like the 10th time that bar25 is "closed forever"?
no. i've worked with the guys since 2005 and this is the 2nd time where it was thought the the last party ofthe year might actually be hte last party. The first was last year in november. They were not sure what was goign to happen in 2008, but the party was not anything more than the last party of the year. Berlin simply lieks to celebrate the end of weatehr extremes and many locations are only seasonally open.

Berlin has also had a long tradition of promoters using venues for a period of time before a larger project already planned starts. Tresor operated for years this way, month to month leases. Deep has/was doign the same. WMF had a good run of switching locations. Theoretically, the building that Weekend is in will be torn down in favor of a larger tower. Maria might actually escape hte spree river development, as the plans to build on top of it seem to have fallen through. ETc, eTc. Berghain and watergate are definitely not in danger in this regard, but hte old panorama bar was a victim of the development.
freeeeeee
hotpace
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hotpace »

Der geile Ami wrote:
werdtoyourmoms wrote:yo, so this is like the 10th time that bar25 is "closed forever"?
no. i've worked with the guys since 2005 and this is the 2nd time where it was thought the the last party ofthe year might actually be hte last party. The first was last year in november. They were not sure what was goign to happen in 2008, but the party was not anything more than the last party of the year. Berlin simply lieks to celebrate the end of weatehr extremes and many locations are only seasonally open.
So you seem to know your sh!t! Do you reckon we've seen the last of Bar 25?
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

hotpace wrote:
Der geile Ami wrote:
werdtoyourmoms wrote:yo, so this is like the 1

So you seem to know your sht! Do you reckon we've seen the last of Bar 25?
Well, it is definitely interesting. There is a new venue space for more fancy stuff 2 doors down that actually supports the idea of hte bar exisiting, and there is no signed contract for a new tenant or buyer. The land is a hopeful add-on, but not exactly an integral part of the "media spree" development.

I really don't know if this is the last of the ranch, but even if it is, I would hope it is not the end of bar 25. These guys are clever enough to do something totally different. Together, we did the very last event to be held in the palast der republik, which is now basically totally dismantled. The light show was provided by the xmas market below, complete with ferris wheel.

One thing to consider is that before berghain, there was ostgut, and it took ostgut to be shut at its peak for berghain to happen. Not ever club can rebound so well (twilo, anyone?), btu the future is open.

However, I hope for another summer on the spree, but its too far over my head for me to guess.
freeeeeee
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

One positive aspect of the economy crisis is that many of those bullshit "city development" projects are on ice right now and since there is no real plan what to use the proterty for once the bar is teared down there is still hope. But the owners of the property wants them gone for real, and they have more money for lawyers of bribing the senat...

But it's a nice move to capture a bit of it for the movies! By the way, there's on cinema in Berlin showing it with English subtitles, in case you're around (Central, at Hackesche Höfe).
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

@Ami: are you responsible for the fantastic sound at Arena?
Had my debut there this Saturday, wow... cool sound.