mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by SHAP »

It would probably be a NI soundcard.
plastik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by plastik »

SHAP wrote:It would probably be a NI soundcard.
well actually you can see a ni audio 8 in the lower right corner at some point, so you're right. :)

but how can he use an a&h mixer as a controller (the one in the middle I mean, not the 1ds on the sides)?
shouldn't he be using an a&h 3d instead of the 62 or 92 he mentions?

or am I not getting something?? :oops:
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

the 92 also has MIDI I think. The Xone3D just has more MIDI assigns and an internal soundcard. Or is that the 4D... pfew.

As far as I know Hawtin has a specially modified version of the 92. Payed for by the Kube. Or maybe he uses the 92 in the middle as a "regular" mixer and the 1D's on the side as controllers?
plastik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by plastik »

PsyTox wrote:
Or maybe he uses the 92 in the middle as a "regular" mixer and the 1D's on the side as controllers?
the 1ds are definetely controllers, but I don't understand how he can channel his 4 decks from traktor into the 4 channels in the mixer.
is that possible through the soundcard maybe? how? :? :?
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

with two Audio8's it's possible...
Sphere42
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Sphere42 »

^^ Well put sir

Besides, why not try diffrent aproach to Djing? Why not show ppl something diffrent than cueing vinyls? I think Richie is pretty much right that jumping between few devices, mangling them and let ppl hear what you is more exiting than see one person behind decks doing same thing as thousands of others.
ec50
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ec50 »

PsyTox wrote:with two Audio8's it's possible...
he uses 2 audio8's
"Half maximal effective concentration"

www.ecfifty.com
www.myspace.com/ec50
www.soundcloud.com/ec50
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

for those who get the newsletter of Djdownload.com this week they have used a picture of the setup sketch that James Zabiela uses. Sorry, but I've read a lot of blahblah about Hawtin and how innovationg his setup would be, but to be honest, Zabiela blows him and most others out of the water when it comes to technique and using technology. Funny thing is: he can do it with old skool vinyl just as impressive as with his current setup. You might not like his music, but as a dj I don't think I've seen anything quite like him. Especially when you see him doing this live.

And as for the people saying that vinyl mixinis boring, well, you haven't seen the right people doing it then, because there are lots of dj's who can make it interesting. Like Claude Young for instance, who is absolutely amazing technically, or Raresh who almost constantly uses three decks cutting and looping without having to choose the easy way of Ableton. Or 'our' resident Spacid who makes the room go nuts with insane scratching and mixer mayhem.

Whatever you choose, it all comes down to the guy who is behind the controls, wheels, decks, whatever.