Richie´s Setup ...

- open
tettezak
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tettezak »

soapz wrote:A major flaw with that setup IMO is that because he's using all four channels of the mixer for all the decks he is unable to actually mix a loop/effects with the running tracks. All he can do is put an effect over the top of the track, and instead of grabbing a loop to mix with the track to add intensity say, he can only turn the actual track into a loop.
Hmm can't he just load a loop into one of the 4 decks then? Or did I misunderstand your post.. :P
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

tettezak wrote:
soapz wrote:A major flaw with that setup IMO is that because he's using all four channels of the mixer for all the decks he is unable to actually mix a loop/effects with the running tracks. All he can do is put an effect over the top of the track, and instead of grabbing a loop to mix with the track to add intensity say, he can only turn the actual track into a loop.
Hmm can't he just load a loop into one of the 4 decks then? Or did I misunderstand your post.. :P
I was thinking the same thing too...
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

What I gather from all this is that there's just a whole lot of magic going on.
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

um, you have a total of 6 channels on a zone 92... not 4. you have to aux tracks - effects work there too.
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

I'm pretty sure - this whole story would be even more effective with ableton live. This is simply marketing tool for traktor and a&h. You can easily score the same effects with some other setup or am I wrong ?
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

bshosa wrote:I'm pretty sure - this whole story would be even more effective with ableton live. This is simply marketing tool for traktor and a&h. You can easily score the same effects with some other setup or am I wrong ?
I think that defeats the point of digital djing. There are many tools outthere that can achieve similar results but this is Richies setup using Traktor.

Quite innovative IMO. Coming from vinyl djing, it actually made me look at digital djing in with more open eyes.

Of course its a marketing tool for Traktor, he is a spokesman for their product. It's no different then Tiger Woods and Nike.
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

gillsans wrote:Quite innovative IMO. Coming from vinyl djing, it actually made me look at digital djing in with more open eyes.
Currently at Serato/vinyl controlled, I find this interesting too, and convinced me that this/something like this, surely is the future and maybe not as far away as I previous thought it would be.
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

bshosa wrote:I'm pretty sure - this whole story would be even more effective with ableton live. This is simply marketing tool for traktor and a&h. You can easily score the same effects with some other setup or am I wrong ?
seeing 4 waveforms at once must be handy. browsing is also probably a bit nicer than with ableton
freeeeeee