NO
6%

Total votes: 52

Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

MNML.NL Compilation <POLL ADDED, pls vote>

Post by Celltek »

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a MNML compilation made by people from this forum.

Peeps could submit their tracks and we all vote for our favourite tracks for a double disc compilation (one slighly rhythmic and organic and the other more darker and techno focussed) master it ect ect so it sounds really good!
There are some amazing producers out there.

We've had months to listen to each others sets so we know who is capable of mixing a decent mix. We can then vote which dj's ie. Pre amp Tango, John Cleese, Rochey, Evorp, Gillsans mixes which compilation..

Wouldnt that be great..

:!:
Last edited by Celltek on Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

it's kinda already been done as far as people that do the mnml and my space track mixes.. and others do strictly net label release mixes as well.. but what your saying it a bit even more specific - hats off for thinking out loud.. - (once again)

as long as the person doing it can be passionate about the tracks and presenting the mix I think it's a great idea..

perhaps this would give others a push to write a track for such an occasion..

at this point: I would be more into submitting material just for this...

:)

or perhaps even a remix contest - as I'm sure we'll get many varied results.. but it will give everyone an equal starting point..

It would interesting to see which people went in what direction - and/or from doing this on another music forum I had fun doing the project..

then perhaps someone could mix the final products ...
Last edited by John Clees on Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
codix
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by codix »

definitly both ideas are great! you are always good for new ideas celltek ;) super :)

like the idea of writing a track aspecial for the compilation. but maybe two different release forms. maybe a double disc with single tracks, would be good for the djs on here. and a mixed compilation, for the "normal" party folk that don´t want/need single tracks.

or single track double disc release and mix compilation online for free.

both for free? or take a litte charge for mnml.nl support?
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Free!

I know that the Noisehub on dc++ also does a yearly compilation and its gained alot of attention in the electro scene so the idea is not new..

I'll put up a poll to see who likes the idea.
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

I like the idea... just as long as the producers and DJs can take the heat when it gets down to decision time as to who is in and who is out. but there's always that kind of a risk of some bad feelings if people decide not to get along...
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

I guess we could use the anonymous poll for that.
drokkr.minimal
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by drokkr.minimal »

i think its a good idea, a showcase to help lesser known producers can only be a good thing imo
Storlon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »

nice idea (: