I hate minimal techno

- open
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

trak660 wrote:
thom wrote:The day I get tired of funk is the day I'll become a dry, mean bastard with with a heart of stone.
Maybe electronic dance music has turned into a dry, mean bastard with a heart of stone! :lol:
lol

Anyway... funk music has this effect on me... I become instantly happy and goofy. Even if I was pissed the the fck out of my mind moments earlier.

Funk is dope.

See... right now I have WAR's "The world is a ghetto" playing... and nothing can go wrong I tell you. That is some bombastic stuff. Bt Express is next. :D
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

pSsp wrote:i personally think minimal techno will last for years and years to come, its just gonna get weirder, simpler and maybe a little less dancefloor driven or maybe that just how i'd like it to develop.
there is loads of artists doing that sort of thing for years though (ryoji ikeada is a really well known example) maybe this type of technos move towards a more sound design place will continn, but essentially that will be a move backwards or sideways.
thats the thing, once it stops being dancefloor focused, there is a million records from the last 50 years of sound experimentation that would probably wipe the floor with it for originality, ideas, emotion etc.
Minflow
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Minflow »

Its normal, if you only listen to minimal it wilt get bored for sure. I listen to all kind of music like drum & bass , progressive , techno(minimal), trance . Some days i only listen to dnb some days only minimal. In the beginning i liked electro house very much but now afther 2 years i think this music has not enough dept and emotion in it, its to commercial <> to superficial.
pSsp
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by pSsp »

Atheory wrote:
pSsp wrote:i personally think minimal techno will last for years and years to come, its just gonna get weirder, simpler and maybe a little less dancefloor driven or maybe that just how i'd like it to develop.
there is loads of artists doing that sort of thing for years though (ryoji ikeada is a really well known example) maybe this type of technos move towards a more sound design place will continn, but essentially that will be a move backwards or sideways.
thats the thing, once it stops being dancefloor focused, there is a million records from the last 50 years of sound experimentation that would probably wipe the floor with it for originality, ideas, emotion etc.
yeh i agree, i still think that for minimal club culture to survive it must concentrate on the dancefloor but i think for the genre to surivive people will have to understand that the best tracks to dance to arent always the tracks with the biggest basslines or hook, but people have to feel that there equally great opportunities to groove on down to more minimal and intricate tracks. My favourite parts in a DJ set is when the groove so strong that the DJ can feel free to break down and build up for a good 15 minutes before before breaking back out with a killer energetic bassline.
shh pSsp
datalus
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by datalus »

Atheory wrote: thats the thing, once it stops being dancefloor focused, there is a million records from the last 50 years of sound experimentation that would probably wipe the floor with it for originality, ideas, emotion etc.
Oh, sh!t, well I guess we should just call it quits then. God damn, I had no idea this wasn't about self-expression. Some pursuit of doing something that possibly might lead to some sort of fulfillment in this fucking dead plastic-faced world.

Let's not even go back 50 years, let's go back four times that, or hell even further. Read: Classical music. kthxbai.

And also, genres are sh!t. People need to breakdown the walls they've put up between different types of music. Oh wait, that's just the dirty fucking human nature side of things, trying to place everything in it's own little box. Trying to master things outside of their control.

Richard D. James laughs at all the punk bitch IDM kiddies who use that term like it were some sort of religious cult only for the righteous. fck those Scientology-esque fucks, and fck genre barriers. There's a reason things are cyclical, we all die eventually, so who gives a sh!t if it comes back around when you're already dead? Vagner would wipe the floor with your face, but he's not here, so why the fck does it matter?

Seriously.

P.S.: I'm in a pissy mood...at work on a Sunday.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

:lol:
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

datalus wrote:
Atheory wrote: thats the thing, once it stops being dancefloor focused, there is a million records from the last 50 years of sound experimentation that would probably wipe the floor with it for originality, ideas, emotion etc.
Oh, sht, well I guess we should just call it quits then. God damn, I had no idea this wasn't about self-expression. Some pursuit of doing something that possibly might lead to some sort of fulfillment in this fucking dead plastic-faced world.

Let's not even go back 50 years, let's go back four times that, or hell even further. Read: Classical music. kthxbai.

And also, genres are sht. People need to breakdown the walls they've put up between different types of music. Oh wait, that's just the dirty fucking human nature side of things, trying to place everything in it's own little box. Trying to master things outside of their control.

Richard D. James laughs at all the punk bitch IDM kiddies who use that term like it were some sort of religious cult only for the righteous. fck those Scientology-esque fucks, and fck genre barriers. There's a reason things are cyclical, we all die eventually, so who gives a sht if it comes back around when you're already dead? Vagner would wipe the floor with your face, but he's not here, so why the fck does it matter?

Seriously.

P.S.: I'm in a pissy mood...at work on a Sunday.
sorry that you have to work on sundays, but thats no excuse for the paucity of depth in your arguement, and the fact that they were delivered with the grace and elan of a braying donkey.

i'm not sure if broad, sweeping micheal mooresque mistruths are really going to cut it for me either.

For me, self-expression isn't a parrot repeating other peoples work or themes. it might be ok in your book to copy people, excused by your half understood and frankly comical interpretation of the cycles of life, but for me, no thanks. i wouldn't read your book, i bet its a cliched, badly written mess in need of a good editor.

richard d james hasnt made a relevant or consistent record in about ten years, but he is very quotable, and i will let him sum up the mood i felt when i read your post.

"wagner is one of those oft quoted popular classical musicans that people name drop when try to add that air of gravitas, that may be sorely missing, to their opinions. however, most people who are aware of his work in any serious way, know that his name is spelt with a w, and not a v. it sounds like its pronounced with a v, but it isn't. this is an important distinction."

richard d. james (interview, the times, 20/8/03)

i dont have to work sundays, so i'm in a jokey, fun times mood.
datalus
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by datalus »

english isn't my first language.

but damn, i got owned pretty hard :D

i lose the elitist argument :(