I hate minimal techno

- open
Jens A
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Jens A »

I still like the same kind of music I liked 5 years ago, it's just that minimal techno changed from describing the sound to being just a name. It isn't minimal any longer, it's progressive. I guess you can say I don't like minimal techno then, but I still love artists like Melchior.
Jamesventuri
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: I hate minimal techno

Post by Jamesventuri »

Keagan wrote:Call me daft but I can't trick myself into liking this stuff anymore.

Up intill lastnight, I went on a techno boycott, I spent about 2 weeks listening to a lot of the brian blade fellowship, bobby byrd, A LOT of swans, lisa gerrerd, stax records, sonic youth, steve jordan... whatever. But nothing to do with electronic dance music.

I was so happy, not just with music, but my mood was glowing, and my friends said that i've been a lot more warm and friendly.

last night I put on axel bomans- jungle jesus, the last record I bought before going on my techno fast. I almost immediately felt my mood stoop real low. I tried that new eric johnson record after that, and then I gave up.

I hate this sht, I really do. I'll probably still listen to like Daniel bell and maybe some mark ashken, iz & diz or whatever. But for the most part, im done for a long while.

I am here by officially dropping ableton live and my 909 for my gretsch and drumkit.

extended leave
bye

/lock thread
------>>>>hey everybody : Im a fcking pedophile faggot

http://www.myspace.com/djjamesventuriofficial
Gummo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: I hate minimal techno

Post by Gummo »

Keagan wrote:Call me daft but I can't trick myself into liking this stuff anymore.

Up intill lastnight, I went on a techno boycott, I spent about 2 weeks listening to a lot of the brian blade fellowship, bobby byrd, A LOT of swans, lisa gerrerd, stax records, sonic youth, steve jordan... whatever. But nothing to do with electronic dance music.

I was so happy, not just with music, but my mood was glowing, and my friends said that i've been a lot more warm and friendly.

last night I put on axel bomans- jungle jesus, the last record I bought before going on my techno fast. I almost immediately felt my mood stoop real low. I tried that new eric johnson record after that, and then I gave up.

I hate this sht, I really do. I'll probably still listen to like Daniel bell and maybe some mark ashken, iz & diz or whatever. But for the most part, im done for a long while.

I am here by officially dropping ableton live and my 909 for my gretsch and drumkit.

extended leave
Let me guess... you turned to emo?
diefenwald
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by diefenwald »

stop smoking ....
Layborn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Layborn »

-squint