speakers????

- open
nabbs
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

speakers????

Post by nabbs »

well ive just moved over to berlin from nz. and left my set up behind, so i need to start growing my hi-fi gear back but am at ends as to what speakers i should get. i had these http://www.questaudio.net/products/qsa200.shtm but want something a little more all round they were a bit boomy only really good for djing. and something that looks a little more stylish "like" the yamaha NS-1000 series. but also need to work to a budget 600-800euro any recomendations would be really welcome
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

adam a-7s

800 a pair at sound and drumland

made in xberg

i love mine.
freeeeeee
TwelveHundred
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TwelveHundred »

I see it this way, this type of music requires full spectrum audio. What can deliver that is 3 way speakers with Tweeters, Mid-ranges, and Woofers naturally.

Go for 3 way's, I use 2 pairs, all old school Aiwa's.
jackyx
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackyx »

Image ~400ish a pair ->kef iq3

or Image ~600ish a pair ->b&w 686

or Image ~1000ish a pair ->b&w 684

listen to them before !, if u had bassmonsters until now u might not like them ...
nabbs
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nabbs »

TwelveHundred wrote:I see it this way, this type of music requires full spectrum audio. What can deliver that is 3 way speakers with Tweeters, Mid-ranges, and Woofers naturally.

Go for 3 way's, I use 2 pairs, all old school Aiwa's.
thats the way im thinking atm a nice pair of 3 ways then build on that (sub and nice amp) so suggestions on 3 ways?
evilcoffee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by evilcoffee »

I've got a pair of big second hand Polkaudio PA Monitor 12 series 2 speakers. Have had them for ten years now, and I still love them. :)
stefspijk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by stefspijk »

Martion Bullfrog's...THE monitor's....villalobos, schneider, etc. etc. etc. use them
The Hague...soulful city
Silky
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Silky »

i have the b&w 685s the ones on the right of the pic above and i love them to bits, they sound so warm. i paid 400GBP for mine the sound on them is very detailed, i compared a track i made on them to my brothers mackies and the similarity was immense considering they are only hifi speakers and not monitors.