troy pierce

- open
grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

troy pierce

Post by grace anxiety »

does anybody not think he is one of the most overhyped djs on the circuit. i like some of his early louderbach stuff such as cover my face, grace anxiety. dont het me wrong his production is good with tracks such as teh day after yesterday. but as a dj i think hes really bad. ive seen him 3 times and the last time i seen him i wanted to leave the club. i think he should stick to producing. does anyone else agree with this?
Hayden Wright
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Hayden Wright »

only seen him a few times but hes been to draw everytime, you might have caught him on an off day
stech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by stech »

i've see troy 3 times in the last 4 years, the first time, he had a very good selection of tracks but his skill was very poor particolary on the efx section! the last time i leave the club after 2 hours, he play boring tracks, his style was approximate. but i think is a diffused problem with this new generation
of dj (sorry producers!!!) that manipulate only digital tracks, they don't have fantasy in the mixing approach!
if you want to see something different try with jeff milligan
stech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by stech »

no Evorp i leave the Amnesia in Milano when Troy Pierce play with Magda, terrible show troy and magda too
i was at the Ovest club that night and Carola make a very good set!
punchi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by punchi »

Saw him playing January 2007, amazing selection and mixing skills...
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

i saw him once and he was fucken sick, but then people posted some mixes from him like 3 weeks before....then another a month after the show i went to and all the mixes were identical + - two or three tracks - so yeah that sucked for me
signatures suck
svenlito
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by svenlito »

mlexicon wrote:i saw him once and he was fucken sick, but then people posted some mixes from him like 3 weeks before....then another a month after the show i went to and all the mixes were identical + - two or three tracks - so yeah that sucked for me
well i guess if you play that often and you´ve got something that 'works' you just play it again. you just can´t expect from someone who plays 200+ gigs a year that he´s playing 200+ different sets.
correct me if im wrong.
daniel lyons
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by daniel lyons »

ive heard troy play like 4-5 times since I first heard him at weekend club in 2005. I really like his 3-4 hours warm up sets - sooo deep. Ive enjoyed him everytime ive heard him. I think you are way off "grace anxiety" and even to say such a think about troy when your login name is "grace anxiety" ?? whats the story ?