Sunday Adventure Club

- open
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

Johnson wrote:
grace anxiety wrote:
i didnt enjoy hawtins set, the only reason i stayed to watch was because he was outside. also thought loci dice and carola were a bit repitative. it seemed they and hawtin have developed some habit of allen and heath style mixing filter for 1 minute, drop in bass, repeat.
yeah also noticed that ... that was the only let down ... they only played like 40% of the basslines inside the tracks... but even after hours everyone was screaming when they dropped the bassline in ... was a bit to much for my liking
This makes me laugh actually. 3-4 years ago, fans never know how the base was dropped in that ‘Allen & Health’ filter way. People like Hawtin pretty much invented that way of mixing, now people are all ‘in the know’ and moaning that it’s predictable. Granted it can be done way too much and over the top, but come on get over your selves.
grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by grace anxiety »

Nobodies trying to say they are in the know. more or less just stating the facts. hes done that nearly everytime ive seen him. i dont know how ppl enjoy it after about an hour. some of my friends watched him do teh same at timewarp for 8 hrs. i had to leave after two as i found it very boring. also what was with him standing on stage with his arms out liek some sort of messiah. playing billy jean ect. what happened to this hawtin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zlpB6V-yYs

zip showed them how it should be done!
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

When done here and there - its fine and kind of fun. When it's been done to death, for hours on end, for a long time by certain DJs - it's time to learn a few new tricks.

While Hawtin is still one of my favorite all around artists, his DJ sets the past while have been rather uninspiring. When /every/ mix in a set is the filter, its annoying. He also cuts the bass way too often and for too long.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

grace anxiety wrote: what happened to this hawtin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zlpB6V-yYs
If he still played by that, you would also be annoyed I'm sure... :lol: :lol:
grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by grace anxiety »

well not that all the time obv. i just looks as if he had more passion back then. now seems he thinks he can just get away with mincing about with the cronies. im not a fan of his style of djing so i wont speak anymore about it.
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

grace anxiety wrote:Nobodies trying to say they are in the know. more or less just stating the facts. hes done that nearly everytime ive seen him. i dont know how ppl enjoy it after about an hour. some of my friends watched him do teh same at timewarp for 8 hrs. i had to leave after two as i found it very boring. also what was with him standing on stage with his arms out liek some sort of messiah. playing billy jean ect. what happened to this hawtin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zlpB6V-yYs

zip showed them how it should be done!
Agree on the Hawtin part. In one way I wish he would return back to his ‘head down’ blow your mind more experimental Hawtin. But no-one can predict what happens to people when they become successful on a big scale, there are so many factors which can sway one’s mind from the original ethos. Art and Business will always cross paths, which is just the nature of the game. I’m always hopeful that he will show a glimpse of the standard that he is capable of but it does look unlikely which is a shame.
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

PsyTox wrote:
Der geile Ami wrote: what is hte berlin-hipster look?
from the pictures of the last months, I'd say oversized sunglasses, body-thight v-neck shirts and weary hair. Ah, some people try to be so special that they are so uniform :lol:
yup, thats the one :wink:
Marcus Stork
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Marcus Stork »

If you saw this guy flying around, you know it was the Stork.. ;-)