Fabric: worst night club in Europe?

- open
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

raggy11 wrote:fabric will be better this week with lobos.

oh yes :P
Room 1 will be even more packed!
Alex M
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Alex M »

tone-def wrote:

Yep, I could bet on that too...
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

chrisdisco wrote:
Silky wrote:
chrisdisco wrote:only went to fabric once. september 2006 for a m-nus night. was exactly the same as people described - the overcrowding just destroyed it...
ahh what a night that was, best iv seen hawtin, was an utter onslaught, incredible
really? i thought hawtin was really subpar that night. the first 30 minutes or so were mindblowing then he completely lost it after that. he couldnt build a coherent set, just going from sound to sound.
I think what ive realised over the years with Hawtin sets is that many people get inspired and really connect at different points. Everyone thinks that when they connected with his music the most on the dancefloor, was the ‘best set he’s played’. One of the first times I saw him in England I didn’t really get into his set (even though the more I think back, the more I actually think it was rather good), but my friend who was there absolutely loved that set. The most I connected was when he played at the Minus night at LOST / London Bridge back in April 06, I thought he was mind blowing (although I’m sure someone will disagree). A friend of mine didn’t really get inspired by that set as much as me and the set that really clicked for him was April at Fabric 07 (which I didn’t go to). I also thought he was special for the last few hours of Fabric back in Sept 06, even though some people on here are saying he was sub par, he definitely was not sub par those last 2 hours! I know some people loved him last year at the End London, but I thought his set was very disjointed and he never got going. Apart from the last half hour, which was unbelievable!

I think the point I’m trying to make, is yes he can play good and bad sets, but I do think because he plays such a full palette of Techno and House, people can have their own personal moments at different times and so it’s hard to be the judge, you can only go by feeling.
raggy11
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by raggy11 »

miniMAL_420 wrote:
tone-def wrote:

Yep, I could bet on that too...
no it wont :shock:
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

my fav hawtin set... in reverse order...

4.fabric - april '07
3.Lost - SE one april '06
2.The End - New years eve eve dec '06
1. Sonar - jun '05

Note... my top 4 have all been in the last 3 years as i only started hearing him in 2005... and urm that was at sonar :o) the first time was the best time... kinda like doing pills... also, they are ranked not only on technicallity of the set, but the environment ie the sound, the crowd, the friends your with, the similar level fuckedness... all these factors influence massively what you think of a dj's set... and ultimately its all an objective opinion at the end of the day...

unless they're really really really sh!t...

the one and only time i have ever been disapointed with a richie hawtin set. was his recent one for Lost at Se-one last year in july... that was a sh!t set!
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

What did he use for djing? Was it Scratch, Abe or both?
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

S.D.L wrote:What did he use for djing? Was it Scratch, Abe or both?
he's defo using traktor scratch now. he had multiple channels going with loops/samples/tracks he was playing with. someone in the post referred to his mixing as more deconstructing, reconstructing to build something new, and i agree.

*edit*

here is a new interview with him about traktor scratch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxP1aSBSYDk
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

primevil wrote:
S.D.L wrote:What did he use for djing? Was it Scratch, Abe or both?
to his mixing as more deconstructing, reconstructing to build something new
So no Abe.. HMM.. That's great for deconstructing/reconstructing and he always was so high on it.