MC's talking throughout dj sets!

- open
motf_118
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

MC's talking throughout dj sets!

Post by motf_118 »

I couldn't find anything on this besides the odd comment.

Im currently listening to a joseph capriati set that ive just downloaded from the dj sets forum, and it seems that every other breakdown (slight exaduration) is ruined by the mc chatting rubbish at the top of his voice or singing capriati's name.
To be honest this mc isnt as bad as some from other sets, but he still makes listening to this roughly 500% less enjoyable!

In leeds (and england generally) where i do most of my clubbing, i occasionaly have to contend with a spoken introduction for the main dj but never any interuptions midway though a set (besides the odd airhorn in certain clubs)!

From what i gather most people find the mc irritating, although i may be wrong? Personally i cant stand mcs in dance music and if someone got on the mic when i was djing i'd be mortified.

i was just wondering, and i suppose this question is posed mainly at djs that play or have played in italy...
do you have to like it and lump it? or can you request with the promoters not to have someone shouting jibberish on the mic (without offending them)??

Also, feel free to tell me your feelings on mc's and perhaps someone can enlighten me as to the point of these vulgar creatures. :lol:
ec50
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ec50 »

yea - fck him - fck the guy with the whistle & fck the 'woooo wooooo , wooo woooo' guy

cunts.

:wink:
Last edited by ec50 on Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Half maximal effective concentration"

www.ecfifty.com
www.myspace.com/ec50
www.soundcloud.com/ec50
Bareknuckle
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Bareknuckle »

My short answer is, if the music was meant to have speech in it or over it, it would have been made that way.

I can't even fathom why there would be an MC for a techno set... Just doesn't make sense to me, and doesn't really fit the music style. The same goes for most other forms of EDM as well.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

I reckon Bandulu @ ILT 2001 had an awesome mc :p
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
DOOMBOT
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by DOOMBOT »

Best MC from a live recording has to be the MC from Richie Hawtin's Mysteryland set from 2006. :mrgreen:
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

I had an MC chatting sh!t over my set once. It was at my uni and all the other DJ's were playing D&B, UK garage and 1 experimental hip hop. I asked him if he could be take a break for my set and he started kicking off. so i let him do his ting. i found it quite distracting and highly annoying.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

I never liked Mc's over 4/4 music, because it just doesn't fit together, but drum'n'bass, elektro or breaks are another story.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

Gimme the funk gimme the funk Hype Hype, gimme the funk gimme the funk Hype Hype!