LSD studies..... *speakers needed

- open
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

IMO - if you write off Psychedelics because you lump them in with other drugs, then well - thats your loss.

Sure, with drugs like Coke, do a line - you feel great, you feel self-confident, you feel assertive - the drug wears off, and you just want to do another line to get that feeling back : you learn nothing from it, except that you need that next line to get you feeling that way.

With Psychedelics : the things you can learn on them and realize about yourself, are things that can carry over into your sober life and be things that help bring about positive change in yourself without the need of the drug to maintain that change.

I'll give you an example.

- For awhile now, I've been suffering from Anixety attacks - now, I know most people will say that is no state to be doing LSD in. But whatever - I like to think I know myself and the substances well enough to make the choice to do them - everyone is different.

Anyways, in September, I actually started to take Meds to control the anxiety attacks. Was just Ativan - nothing tooo major, but it was helping.

Anyways, take Ativan for a month or two, then I had an LSD trip where on the trip I had a bit of a 'revelation' in which I realized the source of my anxiety, and ways to control it.

Basically, it was - the source of my anxiety attacks, was feeling as if I was out of control in my life. Things like school and work were overwhelming me, I felt like I had no control over things - and it'd just freak me out. Theres a bit more to it than that, but thats the basics of it.

Then, the ever so simple LSD revelation: My life is a consequence of my actions, I am in control of my actions, therefore, I am in control of my life.

Very simple, and kinda obvious - but it was also something that rang very true for me and just struck a chord deep in me that /really/ made it stick and made me TRUELY understand that on a level I didnt get before.

Then, the next 4 or 5 hours of my trip was very much this weird 'constant risk of a bad trip', as various fears/anxieities would try and come up - and the entire trip was really this 'overcome your anxieities' type of expierence - in which I figured out a number of ways to stop and control that anxiety instead of letting it become this over-powering force that would trigger a panic attack.

After that trip - I didnt re-fill my Ativan, and I've found new ways of dealing and controllng the anxiety without needing medication for it. I didnt even get a re-fill during my exams which is usually a very very high-stress period for me (as it is for many people)

But, last year - there were points where my anxiety was so bad, that the choice of "Do I buy a coffee from the coffee shop on my way to work, or wait untill i am in the office and get one for free there?" would be enough to trigger an anxiety attack that would get me wanting to curl up in bed and be sick for a day.

Yeah, LSD can also be ALOT of fun, and you can have some crazy times on it - but it can also be a great tool. To write off the substance just because of anti-drug BS that you hear from the goverment is a bit foolish IMO.

The drugs that doctors pump into patients for depression/etc on a daily baises are far more damaging and addictive then LSD - and tend to treat the symptom of the problem, and not the root of the problem.
mayzee
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mayzee »

totally..

i know a couple friends who had similar things happen...

its the sort of thing you can use to almost reprogram yourself, because of the way new pathways are opened in the brain it means you can make new connections and see things in different ways, and with a little careful steering it can help a lot...

I've had bad things happen, but that was more the situation I was in than anything inside my head...

and for what its worth... I'm going to be having some bits of paper before going to teh Minus night at Lost in london in April... w00t :)
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

Drug/Psychedelic/Whatever...the bottom line is, be extremely careful and know what you're getting into fully whatever substance it may be. They all have the potential to be problematic if they are treated without due care.

I am not going to go into details, but I've stopped using...everything. I'm far too sensitive to even the smallest of doses and was entering into a shakey state of mental and physical health. I am better now though, I am just not going to test my body like that ever again. No matter how much research you do and how sensitive or not you are to anything, there is always a risk of some form. So it's best to know your body and mind very well before getting into stuff.

Myself having done all the research and whatnot, and even knowing my body and mind, still got blindsided slightly. I don't regret my experiences, but no more for me. You just can't predict the outcome with these things. Some people will be fine, some will become extremely ill.
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

Well, no 'drug' - even if its a legal substance that your doctor gives you is 100% safe.

LSD is a fairly safe substance. There is only one reported case of a death caused by direct effect of the substance, and that was some guy who injected an EXTREMLEY high dose into his system.

Now, death caused by suicide or accidents while on LSD is another issue, but I'm pretty sure more people have been killed in accidents relating to alchohol.

Mentally, LSD can be a bit of a gamble - as is any psychedelic substance. It can bring out latent mental disorders, and it can cause some terrifying expierences for people that can lead to negative changes in them.

Just as it has the possability to be a great tool and lead to positive changes, it can also lead to some scary things.

A friend of mine in highschool was dosed with ALLOT of acid at a party 'as a joke' (pretty lame joke if you ask me). At that time, he only smoked weed, rarely drank, and had no idea or knowledge of pyschedelics.

Needless to say - he didnt react well, went off the deep end for a bit - dropped off of the face fo the earth for awhile, and has NEVER been the same since - and not for the better.

That being said - I know people who went onto meds for depression, the meds sent them for a loop - really messed them up for a long time, and it took them a long time to get off the meds (and suffer alot of withdrawl in the proccess), and 'changed' them - and took them along time to get better after.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

nice "joke"
fckin idiots u don't "joke" with these things.

I hope they all got massacred by this rambling drugged up guy.
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

Exactly. That's why it's best to be careful with any substance.
Renze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Renze »

I recently decided to quit alcohol because of some stupid thing I did while being drunk. I'll still smoke cannabis and maybe drink the occasional beer, but no more getting drunk for me, ever :oops:
Lex_Osk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Lex_Osk »

entropy wrote:
Lex_Osk wrote:drugs :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: suck
I totally agree when speaking about ecstasy, speed, cocain or heroin, i despise those, but for me, marihuana is not a drug (it's just as much a drug as are alcohol and tobaco), and LSD is not adictive, and it's kind of a drug for inner-self journeys, so i'd say it's not so dangerous as other synthetic drugs...

But hey, everyone has it's own opinion, and that's another topic anyway... :)
i agree about the weed part, weed aint addictive and i get wasted more from beer than weed, but i aint taking anything for a long while now. you can all talk for ages about this,but all this sh!t is bad and thats the bottom line. herbs,syntetic...its all bad and people who use it are suckers and mostly followers. nobody really needs that sh!t, people use it because others do and most of the time they fake the enjoying part. maybe i do sound like a "smartass" who doesnt know shite about drugs but unfortunately i do, a lot. i lost some friends because of it and some things arent the same. well,most of my friends "partygoers" are still on drugs,but its their business,not mine. im just kinda afraid for my kids, who knows what will tomorrow bring to us,maybe they'll inhale gun powder or smoke palm trees...i dunno what. since you cant get this stuff legal, you're a criminal yourself. i aint a cop,to what you wanna do,but give it a try...and stop.