mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by delayer »

I am hooked on dubstep. Just keep on with reviews etc.. :D
ordep zerep
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ordep zerep »

I've being posting some dubstep podcast for over a year now in my website. It's basicly a dubstep show created by Corsario Riddim (Numaestro and 23hz) here in Barcelona. This guys play great tracks and also reveal the artist names and track names, most of them already mentioned here.

You can listen and download here:
http://www.kremadelik.com/index.php?opt ... &Itemid=48

btw, we have some mnml podcasts as well...
djshiva
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by djshiva »

someone sent me the link to this thread, so i signed up and this is my n00b post. *waves*

i normally don't do blatant self promo in threads like this, but considering the topic i think it's relevant.

i did a dubstep/techno mix in january that really hits the spot where i am at right now, straddling the dubstep and techno line. thankfully there is a lot of great stuff coming out in the dubstep world that pulls from techno.

check the mix here (tracklist included; check these artists):
http://dubstepforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=36370

also this new mix by headhunter is killing it!
http://dubstep.com.ua/mp3/Headhunter_No ... 07_Mix.mp3

and for artists who really are hitting the spot for me, check:
2562 (aka a made up sound) - check his releases as 2562 on tectonic and subsolo, as well as his remix of shed's masque under the a made up sound pseudonym

pinch - qawwali is still my favorite, but he is just solid all round

peverelist - and really a lotta stuff on punch drunk, including forsaken
also his remix of pole is HOT.

headhunter - new tempa release is fire, and i hear he's been doing much more stuff on the minimal techno tip lately too.

skream - peep his remixes of marc ashken on leftroom records, moving snares on disfigured dubz, and the new skreamizm 4 has some techno tinged bits

appleblim - vansan on skull disco. essential. pretty much anything on skull disco is essential, but vansan takes the cake for me.

elemental - really hitting it right now. check "raw material" on hotflush.

kode 9 - magnetic city on the first soul jazz "box of dub" compilation. essential.

mala - look for "lean forward", "bury the bwoy" and the changes/forgive ep.

pangea's release on hessle has some lovely stuff

martyn - his release on soul:r as well as his new label 3024

TRG & selector dub u have a few releases coming that are pure fire! lookf or losing marbles (also with a 2562 remix) and harajuku coming soon. these two tracks are amazing. TRG has some solo fire coming soon as well.

so yeah, that was long winded, but i love this intersection of techno and dubstep and want to spread the word.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

hows ralph?
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

my buddy is a head and turned me on to this show last night..

it's called: thank god it's monday..

perhaps the only online streaming show I've ever enjoyed..

I guess they have several shows during the week.. & another show with different dj's on their tuesday night show as well.

I just caught the monday night show the last two hours.. they have a live cam and go off the deep end.

I think the monday night show starts at 5 and goes until 9 p.m. - some cats out of canada.

very enjoyable..

check it out @ http://streamizm.com/

he also sent me some tracks but one that stood out was -

benga - 26 basslines
ordep zerep
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ordep zerep »

benga generally kicks ass!
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

Vex'd, milanese, the bug, combat recordings (a bit on the electro side tho perhaps if that's no what you are looking for).

Are all pretty good, more on a fierce tip tho, not very deep or lush sounding.

I love Burial, but agree that the vocals on untrue can be a bit much, try out the ghost hardware EP or the 1st Album for a more low profile, heads down approach perhaps ?

For a good overview - the warrior dubs album from mary anne hobbes is a good starting point. It's not the best album in the world and has some total crap on it, but it's also got some really wicked stuff on it - by the bug for example.
Smear
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Smear »

Zinthek wrote:I find most dubstep too cheesy as well.
Last album that i heard that was really good was Scorn - Stealth.
I'd definitely recommend that one.
Scorn's definitely one of the world's unsung musical genuises. You should check his Quoit stuff too, similar ideas as Scorn put into drum and bass, really stripped down and cleverly arranged and the like.