mutek

- open
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

mutek

Post by cyhl »

so, who was there? what did you guys think?
accdntly
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by accdntly »

I was blessed with perfect weather, friendly people and for the most part great music all week long. Excentris was a beautiful show in a superb atmosphere though ran a little to long each night. Robert Henke's Ableton seminar was a nice surprise. The South Ameican artist showcase really blew my mind. Saturday night at Nocturn was madness, I really enjoyed everyones show. Shame about Ricardo though. The picnic was hot. Im sorry I slept through Fri. night and Sun. nights partys. Everyone helped the atmosphere by being so friendly and happy to be there. Did some fun touristy stuff during the day. Drank absinthe for the first time! Slept at the worst possible times : ( Ate lobster for the first time. My only upset was to much electro acoustic bizzaro sound performances. Its not that I dont like it or cant understand it but there was to much time dedicated to this sound. Overall I had an amazing week. Thank you MUTEK. Cyhl you rock too thanks for the hospitality.
Jesse_mtl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

mutek

Post by Jesse_mtl »

did villalobos cancel AGAIN on montreal ? He was supposed to play at the NUit Elektronic i went to in February, but also cancelled. Its ok Sammy Dee played instead of him, which was cool also.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

There's sad rumors that mention that Ric been partying a bit too hard recently. Maybe this will calm him down.
I hope so because, believe it or not, it's the 3rd time he does this to Montreal and I can swear he's burnt over here. There was a lot of pissed off people on saturday night. :cry:

Anyway, Mutek was very cool! Not the best edition but it was filled with very high quality moments :D
jamespatrick
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

from my perspective....

Post by jamespatrick »

the perspective of a midwest kid......

while there is NEVER enough bass (except at home), and the lights are ALWAYS too bright (except at home), I had a great time.

Montreal is amazing, but what made MUTEK great for me was the people I shared it with: Foundsound /Orac / microphono / and the rest of you kind folks!

Amazing:

Personalities - Talents - Music - Art - Ladies - Weather - City

Favorite performances :

Bruno Pronsato, Luciano, Robert Henke (WOAH!).

I thought that Friday night was questionable. Bruno's set was amazing, but the soundsystem was very very weak. VERY. The two headliners make trance music. I don't like that at all. Apparat used to be minimal/experimental. OOPS. same with Sheldon-Pan/Tone... WHAT HAPPENED?

Afternoons were great. I only would wish for more music, and of course, MORE BASS PLEASE!

Nonetheless.... I'm LOVING montreal, and for a Detroit "lifer," I'll be returning to Montreal / Mexico for more diversity in my life.

THANKS TO ALL INVOLVED FOR THE WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

I passed this year. Alot of the people from mutek that i wanted to see played in detroit. And the lineup just wasnt as convincing as previous years. Maybe next year. :?
iC3MaN
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by iC3MaN »

what actually happened with villalobos ? he missed his flight TWICE ? thats sad from him :(
Minimise to Maximise