mutek

- open
Layborn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Layborn »

I heard he lost a sock in Berlin.
He can't play without matching socks..such is his way.

At any rate..Went to Mutek. Highlights for me are as follows.

Melchior- Yes he is abit linear..but thats what makes him good. Enjoyed that indeed.

Luciano- Considering that sense club was out the window for the festival..He did pull out a solid set at Metropolis and its was great hearing him play till sunset at Picnik with Serafin.

Off the Sky Vs Pheek- I lost a shoe dancing and part of my voice yelling for more. Good job guys!!!. I mean that without sounding like a tool.
Or maybe I am a tool...? either way amazing.

Smoking- Everywhere and anywhere..I love Montreal.

Alot of the music had a very very stripped down texture Ambient/Noise..But I respect it anyway. Not my bag but fun none the less.
There is something great hearing music as diverse as who I've listed. I came back with alot of new ideas for production and these artists have expanded my boundaries.

Thanks
-Layborn-
Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: from my perspective....

Post by Zsa Zsa »

I hear you JP -- the sound quality is one thing that I have always praised when it comes to Mutek, so I was quite surprised with the 'hollow' feeling at the Just for Laughs venue -- much to peripheral if you ask me. Not as all-encompassing as it should have been -- which would have made the experience that much better.
"Upon the highest throne in the world, we are seated, still, upon our arses." .. Michel de Montaigne
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: from my perspective....

Post by Jesse Somfay »

jamespatrick wrote:The two headliners make trance music. I don't like that at all. Apparat used to be minimal/experimental. OOPS. same with Sheldon-Pan/Tone... WHAT HAPPENED?
Boo hoo ;)
Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

Oh yeah and another thing -- I wasn't surprised that ricardo didnt show up. Now, before i start becoming too brash about the guy, it's just sad when an absence is predicable.

I hope you're right Pheek -- perhaps this experience may wake him up -- because his alarm clock obviously isn't doing the trick. ;)
"Upon the highest throne in the world, we are seated, still, upon our arses." .. Michel de Montaigne