YOUR FIRST PARTY ???

- open
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Michael^Heaven »

pheek wrote:
dsat wrote: yes, i guess
house music back then was something that took many people by surprise, it was simply out of this world... i wish i could share the experience with younger peepz... but then again someone older will come along and tell me that i should have experienced larry levan or ron hardy... i guess every age has its moments... as long as the message gets through, which today is a very big challenge...
I hear you. I think it was a shock to anyone who were experimenting parties at that time since there was no electronic music on tv/radio. It really was something of a clash to hear those huge basses, weird noises and people dressing up in costumes... I really dont see anything similar now that can be as shocking, musically speaking. :idea:
In addition to the freshness of electronic music back then, we had a lot more freedom as far as the 'powers at be' not having a clue what we were doing at these parties. Unfortunately, when people started dying at clubs/parties, due to many circumstances, & the media began portraying the edm scene in a negative light, everything changed Stateside.
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re:

Post by Michael^Heaven »

Monotek wrote:
Michael^Heaven wrote:
Monotek wrote:
minidine wrote: 1987 i was 1 year old. just a thought....
i was 2 :roll:
I was 14 :lol:
but now i am 22 :lol:
& I'm 34 :twisted:
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

Mine was in spring of 1994. It was called "Utopia" :roll: The only DJ I can remember from the lineup is Terry Mullan. I didn't go to any more until Nov. 1995. It was called "Congo." King Britt and Dieselboy played at that one. By spring, I had decided to start spinning house instead of hip hop.
ibbjamin
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ibbjamin »

Even Further - 1999 Drop Bass party in rural Wisconsin

Woody McBride, Richard Harvey, Mark EG, Funk D'Void, Slam, Percy X, Richard Turner, Scott Hardkiss, Matt Green, UFO!, Mazi, Justin Long, Phantom 45, Frankie Vega

Woody's sound system was something else...
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

I was feeling old till I seen some of you peps posts hehe :lol:
punchi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by punchi »

isa wrote:My first party was a festival on a town nearby mine

Global Tendencies Festival, 1999

Some of the artists that played: Front 242, Junkie XL, Derrick May, Roots Manuva, 808 State Dj's, Aphrodite, Pacou, Robert Armani, Christian Vogel, Umek, Dj T1000 (aka Alan Oldman), Felix Da Housecat, Phuture 303, Stacey Pullen, DMX Crew, Baby Ford, Cyclob, Mike Dred, D'arcangelo, The Scratch Perverts, Alex Paterson, Boards of Canada, Mixmaster Morris, Dj Vadim, Terry Lee Brown Jr, etc...... All in one night.

I saw most of them, because I jumped from stage to stage trying to check them all, it impressed me.
I thought Boards of Canada didn't perform live...thats pretty cool.
Monotek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Monotek »

i listened to hard core from 97..

summer 2001 my first techno party and first party at all

Pascal F.E.O.S @ Aqua
Harm Rhebergen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harm Rhebergen »

december 11 1999 - Innercity in Amsterdam

Lineup:

Dave Clarke - Der Dritte Raum - Erick E - Ferry - Ferry Corsten - Hell - Hybrid - Jean - Jeff Mills - Ken Ishii - Miss Djax - Phats & Small - Richie Hawtin - Roog - Rose - Thimbles - Tiësto - Wannabe A Star - Live: Acid Junkies
*I support southern fruits*