my little boy is recovering in hospital

- open
adelaideperson
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

my little boy is recovering in hospital

Post by adelaideperson »

i have a son, andre, two & a bit years old. the apple of my eye really.

on thursday (yesterday) while i was at work, i got the call to meet my partner & him at the women's & children's hospital. apparently he had had a slight fall off a slide in a playground, no more than 3 feet, & had suffered what was thought to be a seizure. (he had got up, walked a few feet, then blacked out)

my partner managed to phone an ambulance, got into town quickly. i met them in the emergency room. we were terrified. to cut a long story short he had burst a blood vessel in his head, (subdural haemotoma) and the blood was not allowing his brain enough room inside his skull..

they decided to operate, draining the blood, and also cutting out a section of skull to allow his swelling brain some room to move so as to not cause more damage.. they also found that he had had a previous injury caused by another fall we didn't know about that may have precipitated this injury.. (if any of you have small children, especially boys, you'll know they take the occasional inadvertant knock)

last night the doctors weren't giving any assurances, i don't know if it was to not get our hopes up or for legal reasons.. i dunno.. the doctors & nurses have been great, my brother, a doctor, amazing moral strength along with the rest of my family..

today it seems a lot better.. the doctors are more encouraging, and tomorrow they'll try to cut down the sedation & see if he can breathe by himself, show vital signs etc.. they may do this a couple of times & it all depends on how andre reacts..

anyway what i am getting at is, if you could please just spare a thought for him & wish for his full & speedy recovery.. maybe if you're religious, a prayer even.

thanks,

derek

(andre)

sorry if any of you think this is an inappropriate post.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: my little boy is recovering in hospital

Post by pheek »

adelaideperson wrote:i have a son, andre, two & a bit years old. the apple of my eye really.

on thursday (yesterday) while i was at work, i got the call to meet my partner & him at the women's & children's hospital. apparently he had had a slight fall off a slide in a playground, no more than 3 feet, & had suffered what was thought to be a seizure. (he had got up, walked a few feet, then blacked out)

my partner managed to phone an ambulance, got into town quickly. i met them in the emergency room. we were terrified. to cut a long story short he had burst a blood vessel in his head, (subdural haemotoma) and the blood was not allowing his brain enough room inside his skull..

they decided to operate, draining the blood, and also cutting out a section of skull to allow his swelling brain some room to move so as to not cause more damage.. they also found that he had had a previous injury caused by another fall we didn't know about that may have precipitated this injury.. (if any of you have small children, especially boys, you'll know they take the occasional inadvertant knock)

last night the doctors weren't giving any assurances, i don't know if it was to not get our hopes up or for legal reasons.. i dunno.. the doctors & nurses have been great, my brother, a doctor, amazing moral strength along with the rest of my family..

today it seems a lot better.. the doctors are more encouraging, and tomorrow they'll try to cut down the sedation & see if he can breathe by himself, show vital signs etc.. they may do this a couple of times & it all depends on how andre reacts..

anyway what i am getting at is, if you could please just spare a thought for him & wish for his full & speedy recovery.. maybe if you're religious, a prayer even.

thanks,

derek

(andre)

sorry if any of you think this is an inappropriate post.
i'm with both of you :(
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

Christ....

Man, my thoughts are with you two.
crash
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by crash »

wishing you all the best.
adelaideperson
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by adelaideperson »

thanks guys
milc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by milc »

i don't have a religion, but i'll pray for him.
courage!
532nm
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 532nm »

Have faith.
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Im so sorry for you and I wish you all the strength to get through this!
Gr Tom