dub is dead

- open
tekdev69
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

dub is dead

Post by tekdev69 »

Hello there.

Well, recently I've submitted a few new tracks of mine to this netlabel and they've replied me, that my tunes are 100% dub and that they ain't consider release, because they think that this genre is dead. And now this just bothers me - is dub, the Chain Reactionesque dub, really dead now? What do you think about it?

Take it easy.
protrox
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by protrox »

What netlabel are you talking about Tekdev69?

Of course dub isn't dead. Minimal dub techno is my fave style and there are a lot of labels and netlabels, a lot of artists, that continue releasing great great stuff. Try to sed that tracks to other netlabels, I'm sure other one is going to releases your music. :wink:

8)
tekdev69
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tekdev69 »

protrox wrote:What netlabel are you talking about Tekdev69?
Well, I'm not telling, it wouldn't be fair.
protrox wrote: Of course dub isn't dead. Minimal dub techno is my fave style and there are a lot of labels and netlabels, a lot of artists, that continue releasing great great stuff.
Actually there are no labels which release Chain Reaction-ish, not minimal house-ish dub now. Except of Echocord maybe and a few netlabels. This seems to fit with the "dub is dead" thing, huh?
protrox wrote: Try to sed that tracks to other netlabels, I'm sure other one is going to releases your music. :wink:
Well, yeah, I know which netlabels would release me for sure, I was just like checking. It's not really that I'm bitching because someone ain't want to release me, it's not like that, honest. :> It's just the "dub is dead" thing that bothers me.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

sure thing...dub will always be alive.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
ganik
mnml admn
mnml admn

Re: dub is dead

Post by ganik »

tekdev69 wrote:.....because they think that this genre is dead. And now this just bothers me - is dub, the Chain Reactionesque dub, really dead now?
:shock: :shock:

Dub is definitely one of my fav genres, and i think that isn't dead. I know one net label which will release your work for sure :wink: 8)

Take care ! :)

Njoy
multum in parvo
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

hehe!
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

pls do check the Scape label...
and also Vertical Form have released some dubby stuff
kit clayton, pole, ...