How to "make really good mnml" + answer to all que

- open
credit_agro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: How to "make really good mnml" + answer to all

Post by credit_agro »

theclockstrucktwelve wrote:Close your web browser and never again come to mnml.nl. seriously.
you will not learn by asking people "how do you do that sound that goes do-do-SHRIP?" and you will not learn by asking what software someone uses. And even if you could, no random fck on here is going to be able to give you the knowledge or tools you need.

the very concept of asking how to "make minimal" or "make minimal such and such" or "make such and such kind of sound" is very, very wrong and is completely contradictory of everything music, and especially this type o' music, is supposed to be.
Id say your music must be very good man.
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by theclockstrucktwelve »

oblioblioblio wrote:thecock... could you kindly stop being such a condescending, self righteous know it all. OK, no-one especially likes the kind of threads where people ask questions that they probably could have found out the answer to themselves with a little bit of effort, but jesus, if you have such an issue... don't answer! it's not hard. And after all, this is the 'production' section on a 'minimal' forum, these kind of questions are not entirely unlikely are they!

Ah I dunno, maybe there are some who don't agree with me, and think that your little quest is a worthy cause... that you're saving the minimal damsel in distress from her oh so horrible captors. But really, you're just having a dig to make yourself look big. Good on you.
why don't you go rip a bunch of shitty old cartoons and make shitty dub music that nobody cares about?

i'm not being condescending. i'm being honest. well, yes, I am in this one because I don't like you. very original calling me a cock. i was being legitimately helpful to all the new kids who want to be producers who keep coming around these parts for answers. there is no need for your faggy protests, ass-eyes.

i have no need to make myself look big. i don't know what mission you think you're on but this is exactly what is wrong with this fucking dumpy place.. everyone has something to say and always want to start sh!t, no matter what. you can say whatever you want about my advice but the fact remains that I speak the truth. it's all very common sense and you have no reason to take it personally.

"...Michaelangelo is a PARTY DUDE.. *PAARTEEEEEEE!* "
credit_agro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by credit_agro »

theclockstrucktwelve wrote:
oblioblioblio wrote:thecock... could you kindly stop being such a condescending, self righteous know it all. OK, no-one especially likes the kind of threads where people ask questions that they probably could have found out the answer to themselves with a little bit of effort, but jesus, if you have such an issue... don't answer! it's not hard. And after all, this is the 'production' section on a 'minimal' forum, these kind of questions are not entirely unlikely are they!

Ah I dunno, maybe there are some who don't agree with me, and think that your little quest is a worthy cause... that you're saving the minimal damsel in distress from her oh so horrible captors. But really, you're just having a dig to make yourself look big. Good on you.
why don't you go rip a bunch of shitty old cartoons and make shitty dub music that nobody cares about?

i'm not being condescending. i'm being honest. well, yes, I am in this one because I don't like you. very original calling me a cock. i was being legitimately helpful to all the new kids who want to be producers who keep coming around these parts for answers. there is no need for your faggy protests, ass-eyes.

i have no need to make myself look big. i don't know what mission you think you're on but this is exactly what is wrong with this fucking dumpy place.. everyone has something to say and always want to start sht, no matter what. you can say whatever you want about my advice but the fact remains that I speak the truth. it's all very common sense and you have no reason to take it personally.
As far as I can see your the only one starting sh!t. If you don't like them threads, don't read them. Its already been pointed out that there are other more constructive threads on this. Why don't you read them?

It seems to me tht you do need to make yourself look big. This is definitely what your trying to do now. Your doing the opposite though by portraying yourself as a single minded bully that thinks they know everything.
Last edited by credit_agro on Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

waaay ahead of you.... oh, wait a second.

thanks for listening though, much appreciated. perhaps you'd like to further critique what I put my heart and soul into? Or maybe my appearance?

Meh, say what you like man, people are gonna keep on coming here and asking questions regardless of how bitter you are. I think convincing yourself about how helpful you're being is kind of worrying though, maybe you should think about getting professional help? It might be indicative of a more serious underlying problem...

I hope you appreciate my legitimate, honest & helpful advice.

kindest regards,

Ass Eyes
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by theclockstrucktwelve »

credit_agro wrote:

i have no need to make myself look big. i don't know what mission you think you're on but this is exactly what is wrong with this fucking dumpy place.. everyone has something to say and always want to start sht, no matter what. you can say whatever you want about my advice but the fact remains that I speak the truth. it's all very common sense and you have no reason to take it personally.
As far as I can see your the only one starting sht. If you don't like them threads, don't read them. Its already been pointed out that there are other more constructive threads on this. Why don't you read them?

It seems to me tht you do need to make yourself look big. This is definitely what your trying to do now. Your doing the opposite though by portraying yourself as a single minded bully that thinks they know everything.
that's bullshit.

this is a thread *I* started. then people came along and started sh!t.
why would i need to maky myself look big, as you call it?
most of you are strangers to me and vice versa, it makes no sense.

and there's nothing more constructive than telling the truth.

"...Michaelangelo is a PARTY DUDE.. *PAARTEEEEEEE!* "
digitalbunny
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by digitalbunny »

theclockstrucktwelve wrote:i don't know what mission you think you're on but this is exactly what is wrong with this fucking dumpy place..
Attitudes like this are what's wrong.
So much for open-mindedness within the scene.
omnipresence
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by omnipresence »

as a passive observer of this forum, I tend to agree with theclockstrucktwelve. within any genre it's taking a step backwards by asking such questions (eg. "how do i make a minimal bassline" "how do I get so-and-so producers sound" etc). it's just not specific enough. also, just removing the word 'minimal' from that first question makes it 10 times better (though still very vague). it's the all in the attitude of the person asking the question, and to me that's approaching it the wrong way.

for some of you who missed it...
theclockstrucktwelve wrote:learning about technical things is entirely different. people asking and answering questions about gain structure and eq and mixing techniques and the like - that's great for people to learn about.
the harsh nature of the original post may have misled people on what was actually being said, but I can relate with his frustration - I'm just not one to rant about it publicly.

learning to produce isn't easy, we've all been there at the start. my own music still needs a lot of work, but I can be proud of the fact that I worked most of it out by myself - and it definitely doesn't happen overnight.
djreagen
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by djreagen »

why do i see so many of this kind of topics? Its always the same persons starting and posting in them. The thing i dont understand: why do people care so much about so called 'newbies' who ask 'stupid' questions? Just let them be... if u dont like the topic, dont read i guess :shock: