How to "make really good mnml" + answer to all que

- open
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

How to "make really good mnml" + answer to all que

Post by theclockstrucktwelve »

Close your web browser and never again come to mnml.nl. seriously.
you will not learn by asking people "how do you do that sound that goes do-do-SHRIP?" and you will not learn by asking what software someone uses. And even if you could, no random fck on here is going to be able to give you the knowledge or tools you need.

the very concept of asking how to "make minimal" or "make minimal such and such" or "make such and such kind of sound" is very, very wrong and is completely contradictory of everything music, and especially this type o' music, is supposed to be.

"...Michaelangelo is a PARTY DUDE.. *PAARTEEEEEEE!* "
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

I don't agree for the most part. I do agree that its a process you need to learn on your own. Even the technical know-how doesn't mean you'll have talent. But on the other hand, learning the technical know-how from asking questions makes it that much quicker and easier to getting your ideas out properly.

For me personally...I'm not interested in the technicalities behind music. That's great if some people really get joy in circuit bending or making plug-ins, but for me I'd rather focus on making great music than the technical aspects. I wish I would have had somebody to ask some technical questions when I first started. It would have saved a lot of time and frustration.
betzy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by betzy »

so...in the end...ppl should ask much more precisely what they want to know... and not ask general questions :D end of the story
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

no.

the classic example is "how do i make a minimal bassline" - remember that one? what the fck IS a minimal bassline? that's a fucked up question.

if you don't think there is something wrong with someone asking that, or even worse, someone answering that... then you really don't know what you're talking about either.

there's no recipe for making tracks. and i don't approve of that kind of bullshit.

learning about technical things is entirely different. people asking and answering questions about gain structure and eq and mixing techniques and the like - that's great sh!t for people to learn about.

prenzlauer
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by prenzlauer »

theclockstrucktwelve wrote: there's no recipe for making tracks. and i don't approve of that kind of bullshit.
be aware people. theclockstrucktwelve does not approve.

Have you checked these threads:

http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15113
http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15288

?

This really has been discussed in a more constructive way.
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

prenzlauer wrote:
theclockstrucktwelve wrote: there's no recipe for making tracks. and i don't approve of that kind of bullshit.
be aware people. theclockstrucktwelve does not approve.

Have you checked these threads:

http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15113
http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15288

?

This really has been discussed in a more constructive way.
no, i don't. and what is more constructive than cutting to the chase and telling kids what they need to do?

Shoma
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Shoma »

If you ask those questions for the sake of learning, its OK imho.

Its called learn by copying...but on the other side, that will not make you a better artist
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

thecock... could you kindly stop being such a condescending, self righteous know it all. OK, no-one especially likes the kind of threads where people ask questions that they probably could have found out the answer to themselves with a little bit of effort, but jesus, if you have such an issue... don't answer! it's not hard. And after all, this is the 'production' section on a 'minimal' forum, these kind of questions are not entirely unlikely are they!

Ah I dunno, maybe there are some who don't agree with me, and think that your little quest is a worthy cause... that you're saving the minimal damsel in distress from her oh so horrible captors. But really, you're just having a dig to make yourself look big. Good on you.