NI Traktor Scratch

- open
Todd Konix
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Todd Konix »

hotpace wrote:
Todd Konix wrote: There are some nice little features though in TS that definitely need to be in SSL, like review history.
There IS review history in Serato.
OK, I should have specified, a review history that is actually saved. SSL's review is trashed upon exit unless you drag it to a crate. TS saves a playlist of every session that can be recalled at anytime.
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

Can anyone recommend a good digital / midi mixer for integration with Traktor?
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
JCH
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JCH »

Faderfox....
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

I have a behringer bcdj 2000 that i tried getting to work with traktor some time ago just cause I thought it would be different but there was so many other bs you had to install and try and program, that i gave up - so yeah i have this thing brand new toy that i pretty much never used... so my luck with a mixer/controller for traktor kinda sucked but i guess if ya got the mind for that aspect then the behringer might be a nice toy to use with it... maybe i will sell mine since i probably will never use it...
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

I recently picked up the x-session pro for an external mixer. Its great once you program the midi. I was thinking more along the lines of a digital mixer that you could use as an external mixing board rather then the onboard mixer in traktor. So you could also use turntables on the same mixer.
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

Seems like the best options these days are the Korg Zero4 and Zero8, the Pioneer DJM-800, the Xone:3D, and the Xone:2D. The Ecler Nuo4 also has midi, but I don't really like how they did it.
Last edited by brianc on Sat May 05, 2007 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Todd Konix
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Todd Konix »

Here's a review of Trakor Scratch from one of the beta testers....

http://www.nem0nic.com/
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

Had mine for about 30 mins now, and I'm really happy with it so far.

The Audio8 DJ is built like a rock, sounds good, is nice and small, and has CoreAudio drivers, so I can use it for other things. The vinyl is really responsive. Traktor Scratch (and Traktor 3) is a bit of a resource hog like all NI software, but it seems pretty damn stable. I've been using Traktor 3 for months now with 0 problems.