"Raves"

- open
Holva
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

"Raves"

Post by Holva »

Love em' or hate em'? I'm assuming most hate them.
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

that word had a different meaning to me back in 94
idealstandard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by idealstandard »

mlexicon wrote:that word had a different meaning to me back in 94
Plus one, even if I already quitted in 94...
pizzamon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pizzamon »

I haven't seen a rave in many years either. There was that detroit new years eve 2000 blast that was ravish. It harkened back to rave days anyway. I don't even think I would be very interested, or have the time for a rave anymore. I prefer more intimate affairs now.
Holva
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Holva »

We still have underground parties here every once in a while. To me snazz clubs have to much of a conceited, pompous attitude...

How do you all feel about the forest?
idealstandard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by idealstandard »

Holva wrote:We still have underground parties here every once in a while. To me snazz clubs have to much of a conceited, pompous attitude...

Dunno where you come from mate, but in France the only thing you get to hear in the woods (and they call it raves too, or teknivals to be more precise) is stupid hardcore (they call it tribe or some sh!t like that), and when i say stupid i really mean it, for a f*cked up audience...

Would love to have more nice parties in the woods though...
Holva
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Holva »

idealstandard wrote:
Holva wrote:We still have underground parties here every once in a while. To me snazz clubs have to much of a conceited, pompous attitude...

Dunno where you come from mate, but in France the only thing you get to hear in the woods (and they call it raves too, or teknivals to be more precise) is stupid hardcore (they call it tribe or some sht like that), and when i say stupid i really mean it, for a f*cked up audience...

Would love to have more nice parties in the woods though...
I recently played at Midwest Freak Fest which is a 3 day EDM festival. There were about 5 stages playing all sorts of different music (everything from minimal, to breakcore, to glitch... and of course, lots of mainstream BS). The main stage was in a cave... very nice festival, but yah, drugs ran rampant (as with any music festival here.)
Marcus Stork
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Marcus Stork »

Raves in sweden is people in weird clothes and strange colours, out in the woods listening to Trance and psychadelic music.

Back in the days it was a completley different thing.
Acid Techno raves in old warehouses, that was the sh!t!