Vinyl sales for labels

- open
subtropical
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by subtropical »

theclockstrucktwelve wrote:Although I think it should be different, the fact is that digital sales come nowhere near the vinyl.
the digital market is in it's infancy and can't be compared to the wax market which is older...but ultimately...the shipping companies are still making the most money when it comes to vinyl business....and it will become obsolete in time...just follow the curve as of now...it only leads down...

as sad as that is
Alex Bizzaro
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Alex Bizzaro »

i found this topic...how is the situation now?
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Alex Bizzaro wrote:i found this topic...how is the situation now?
WORSE !
Alex Bizzaro
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Alex Bizzaro »

patrick bateman wrote:
Alex Bizzaro wrote:i found this topic...how is the situation now?
WORSE !
yes i can imagine..is it only a my impression or in the last period there are so few vinyl release?
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

dsat wrote:don't use figures for vinyl sales, as they're dropping, wait a few years lol
the market is shrinking and those who persevere in selling it are in it for the love (and a bit for the money, but don't expect any wonders)

i'm not sure if minus really sells 6000 copies
generally a hit record sells around 2-3000, with the occasional exception

but ever since richie has been pretty 'unsupportive' when it comes to vinyl (it's all business talk, but what the hell) and since the minimal kids will follow their beloved hero, vinyl will become a thing to fight for in the future, we're not there yet, but one day.... i dread the thought (going off topic, but i couldn't resist speaking my mind)
just keep releasing tracks as degeneration on vinyl only, and we'll survive it! :)

best track of 2009 imo, really!

sorry, off topic
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

Kiani wrote:
dsat wrote:don't use figures for vinyl sales, as they're dropping, wait a few years lol
the market is shrinking and those who persevere in selling it are in it for the love (and a bit for the money, but don't expect any wonders)

i'm not sure if minus really sells 6000 copies
generally a hit record sells around 2-3000, with the occasional exception

but ever since richie has been pretty 'unsupportive' when it comes to vinyl (it's all business talk, but what the hell) and since the minimal kids will follow their beloved hero, vinyl will become a thing to fight for in the future, we're not there yet, but one day.... i dread the thought (going off topic, but i couldn't resist speaking my mind)
just keep releasing tracks as degeneration on vinyl only, and we'll survive it! :)

best track of 2009 imo, really!

sorry, off topic
haha thanks :-)
nowar003 will be pressed soon

as to sales... things got worse... 300-350 is a good average now for underground stuff...
djkomisch
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by djkomisch »

We did 500 copies for the first two releases on Komisch - Peter Van Hoesen and Samuli Kemppi - and both sold out.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

how works the cash flow

the label pays for the pressing and distributing

then shops buy packages and the money goes back to the distributor and from there to the labels.

so if the shops buy too much and cant sell it, thats the shops problem?

or do they only pay for what is selled, and send the rest back?