Full tracks "livesets" your point of view...

- open
mokaz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Full tracks "livesets" your point of view...

Post by mokaz »

Hi all,

i guess many of you are familiar with Live and so on.
My question is simple;

How do you feel about seeing an artist performing with FULL rendered tracks while playing a "live set" ?

Thanks for you're inputs.
m.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

not quite "live" if u ask me
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
rc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by rc »

Robot Criminal wrote:not quite "live" if u ask me
agreed, cut that track up into loops and do a live re-edit or something just don't drop in a whole rendered track, that's just lazy, especially if you claiming to play live. if you want to do that just make sure people know you're doing an ableton dj set (which is a whole other manner).
harass
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harass »

if you've made the track yourself, i don't see the problem, ableton is just a tool.
mokaz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mokaz »

Yeah my concern is that there is in fact many many artists playing "live" and bouncing indeed full tracks... It sounds a bit lazy to me as well but on another end the effect is clear, people recognize the tracks and sound wize it might be better then messy loops that still got this loopy feeling at the end... Well, the worst i've seen was someone playin the arrangement view for one hour, I mean if i'll play like this, i'll take the opportunity to go at the bar and talk to girls cause there's really no need for me up the stage then... Again, thanks for your inputs...
dncn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dncn »

most of my set is loops but if ive just finished a tune sometimes there isnt time to do an edit of it and i am always keen to see how it goes down. still , 90% or more is as live as it gets. i quite enjoy making it really fuckin complicated for myself!
Cotumo
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Cotumo »

@harass, full ack!

I think it's okay to play rendered self produced tracks. But it's more interesting if you mix the loops live.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

well yeah it might be ok and all that but it's not "live". Its ok though if u drop in a few full tracks, but the whole set...
And the whole set prearranged :? :? :?

like if u do "live" with your own full rendered tracks then u can also do "live" with other ppl's full rendered tracks on vinyl, innit? :roll:

and dncn ur sets are great! ;)
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...