Idea! -> User Channels

we're listening.
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Idea! -> User Channels

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

I think it would be interesting if there was a 'Channel' section of the forum. Here is the idea... Each user who wants to could start a thread in the Channels section called "Username's Channel". Then the user could post links to or embed YouTube videos, Soundcloud links, files and releases that they are liking. It is a little like a area to post charts for each user except that it need not be a chart... just a long running list of things to check out. There are lots of times I have come across things I things I think are pretty neat but I don't see an appropriate place to share them on the forum.

It would give a place for people to share stuff they like as well as give an easy means for people to become aware of things they might like should they share common tastes with another user.

Maybe people could embed links to their user channel in their signatures for easy access.

So that is my idea for enriching the forum.
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Idea! -> User Channels

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

Never mind. People would never be able to constrain themselves to such a constrictive model. People would be need to be able to post on only their own channel sections and so forth... bad idea... it would require a lot of custom programming because people are not capable generally. Forget it.
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Re: Idea! -> User Channels

Post by -ix »

programming is the problem here!
If I would be able to build a website,
we would have a great one!